Knights possible targets for 2020

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

And personally I wouldn't want him back at the club now.

He is finished as an NRL footballer. Maybe overseas to have a swan song.

2. relicorange94

relicorange94 Clinton O'Brien

Mai-Wel
    I can see him reviving his career in 2021 playing for a team in either the Illawarra Rugby League or returning to Newcastle playing for a team in the Real NRL.

3. Bring it home knights

Bring it home knights Cameron Ciraldo

Pretty sure that his hamstring is shot So his footy days are behind him.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Darren Treacy

Not being up on treatment options, particularly emerging techniques, for dealing with hamstring injuries I wonder whether the next 18 months could be an opportunity for him to explore this avenue.

I may be wrong (quite often are), but this could also open up access to medications which might currently be on the banned list.

Whichever way, if he has the desire to revive his career and his body is up to it, I'd personally love to see him back on the paddock playing the game he was born to play.

5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I wish Jarrod well in his battles and hope in his personal life he finds peace.

But I don't want him to ever be near a club function let alone wearing our jumper again. He screwed us hard when we were already in a dark place and professionally and from a club point of view I'll never forgive him for that.

Also he might play for a bush team but no NRL or ESL club will go within 500 foot of him.

6. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Eh? He screwed himself moreso than the club or the fans. We didn’t keep paying him after he tested positive.

7. Onemangang

Onemangang Marty Crequer

coal miner
    Reegan Cambell Gillard can't be happy being dropped by Cleary, would love to see him and Klemmer up front in the red and blue

8. Ak-47

Ak-47 David Thorne

I reckon he screwed himself over, just trying to overcome that hamstring injurie to play more game time for our club cant blame him for that. I reckon other players do it aswell and get away with it.
    But I will say this Mullens talent and skill with some of those crazy kicks and long slick passing game just cant be teached. Could never see Watson or Lamb try and learn that. He has natural skill, just had the weight of the world on his shoulders playing in a mediocre knights outfit for the past decade. Could have jumped ship like soo many other knights but stayed I still rate him of one of the knights great.

9. krustykraz

krustykraz Shane O'Grady

A bit overrated Imo.
    I prefer Dan.

Battler, Beaumont and 88Knight4life like this.
  10. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

No thanks, never rated him.
    1 hitup off a kick off a game and nothing else.

11. Owey

Owey Glen Frendo

RCG is struggling with confidence coming back from his broken jaws. He may not recover.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

12. Owey

Owey Glen Frendo

We saw Melbourne unleash another budding superstar fullback last night. I wonder where that might leave Scott Drinkwater, a player Nathan Brown was looking at last year? He would have started Round 1 except for his pec injury. Worth another look?

13. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Reminded me of Phythian's situation. Drinkwater looked good in his few games & was set to have a break out year being given the nod for the fullback jersey only to be struck down & probably lost his opportunity to be their fullback.

14. Lord of the Skraelings

Yes we did until the sentence was handed down and we had $800k sitting on the sideline we couldn't use.

15. Lord of the Skraelings

For the love of god please make Mann the last of the utilities after we've had Buhrer/Watson/Mann.

Wobbles likes this.
  16. Owey

Owey Glen Frendo

I was thinking 6. Kid has quality.

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Totally agree. Been saying this ever since he got the hype. Seriously overrated.

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

In Toohey's article today, he quotes Brown as saying Simi Sasagi could play firstgrade this year.
    That doesn't seem possible to me, especially since he is currently getting over stress fractures in his back, which could be a month or 3 months to get over, depending on how bad they are.
    Also says Knights are in no rush to offer Hymel Hunt a new deal because of juniors coming through - no doubt Best, Toa and Hoy, who all look like they will challenge for a spot next year, and the club seems to have a lot of faith in Musgrove coming good, although that's always been a mystery to me - I can't ever remember being impressed by him.

Other news from Toohey is that DSaf is keen to stay a Knight, but no mention of Jake.

19. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Darren Albert

Please about Dan. Hunt should be kept even if only another year, cover injuries and give young guys a chance to settle in especially if Moga doesn’t come good. I have been a bit surprised with Hunt, has played strong.

Lefty likes this.
  20. Lord of the Skraelings

I guess Hunt depends on if our young kids are ready next year.