Knights possible targets for 2020

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

He’s a much better footballer than any of those guys imo, there’s an article doing the rounds saying he’s seeking a release now he’s fallen behind Hughes & Papa.

I’d take him 100%

2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

He’s played 1 game of First Grade. In what way is he better than any of those guys?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    88Knight4life likes this.
  3. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

You want the long or the short ?

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Whatever you like.

5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Crazy not to re-sign hunt. He is already doing it in first grade, let the young guys come through and earn their spot.

6. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hunt should at least be given another year. Been a solid performer thus far.

7. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

He’s most comparable to Watson and to a lesser extent Mann, but really he and Burher are nothing alike. From
    What I’ve seen of Scotty he’s as good a ball runner as Connor and a much better ball player, Connor has zero ball playing skills, I’d be talking out of arse if I said
    He’s a got a good kicking game but he couldn’t be worse than Connor who again has zero kicking game.

Mann imo is stealing a living, I really don’t know what coaches see in him? Not particularly fast or strong ball runner, not much of a passing game and doesn’t really kick either. Burher is a solid player but he’s not making our best 17 and Scotty has way more ‘tomorrow’s’ than Jamie.

The only argument you against him is his limited FG experience which you’ve pointed out, but I’d still swap him for any of those guys.

8. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Not sure if it’s the only argument but it’s a pretty fair one. The guy is the same age as Connor and has played 1 game at the top level. He’s totally unproven.

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Tex Hoy and Simi Sasagi and probably Pheonix Crossland to some extent are all utility players.
    Tex can cover fullback, wing, centre, 5/8 and halfback and has played full games in all those positions either this year or last year.
    Simi can cover wing, centre, 5/8, hooker and second row.
    Pheonix has played 5/8 and halfback, but has the size and speed to cover most of the backline if he had to.

If Slade Griffin doesn't come good, and Buhrer stays out of favour, we might need a utility who can play hooker and do a quality spell in the forwards - but maybe Simi will be up for that by next year. He's big enough.

10. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Yeup 100% unproven but from where I’m standing it’s proven Mann offers nothing, Watson isn’t a 6 or a 1 and Burher is a squaddie at best

11. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

From where your standing means zilch.
    Is he goin to better our 17? No
    Is he going to be cheap to fill the 30 roster? No.
    So its a fat NO and move on.

12. Owey

Owey Jake Mamo

I think I started the Drinkwater thing, so I'll chime back in. The indications are this guy is going to be a high achieving player who Brown has been interested in at some point in the last 12 months. He now appears to be going down the rungs at Melbourne, not up. I'm not looking for a utility, I'm looking for someone who will nail down a spine position which everyone agrees hasn't been adequately filled. It would leave Watson/Mann on the outer, but for all intents and purposes, i think this is a kid who could add a lot to our squad.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jaybro and knightime like this.
  13. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

brown has a weird fascination with the storm.

He was with them for six months doing video review in his lounge room in Sydney. It's not like he had much to do with them.

Anyway, I'm sure he will sign drinkwater and try to turn him into a hooker

14. Owey

Owey Jake Mamo

Haha, i hadn't considered that possibility...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

15. knightime

knightime Todd Anderson

He seems to have a lot of potential, but I'd like to see more of what he can offer first. Depends how he bounces back from injury as well. This is all assuming he's keen to come here. I remember we offered a position to him at some point but he chose the offer from Melbourne, which is fair enough.

16. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Makes me laugh that him and Ramien are on 390k combined while guys like Jennings and Bird are on over double that, and Dugan not far behind

17. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dugan is on 750k or something. That's ramien, skd, hunt and maybe a bit of edrick.

Have to say we got lucky missing out on bird, blair and others

18. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Even Leeson Ah Mau has been a bit invisible this year but at least he’s not on as much and wasn’t hyped up anywhere near the way the others were.

We probably got Gavet off them for a considerably less amount then they paid for ah Mau

SJ has also been a bit of a disappointment

19. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Mann still offer nothing?

knightime likes this.
  20. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Mann may not be that good and offers nothing/little but his game was the best 5/8 performance for us this year, not just his game but how it fitted in with others.

member 2299, Lefty and Tasgirl like this.