Darius Boyd

For the Dragons it was against the Dogs, where he went all the way and scored.... For us, against Sharks last year :)
 
A forum member said the highlight of the last home game was running into Boyd in the car park a having a photo taken. If he's playing good footy and treating fans with respect in person he can bare his ar*e to the cameras for all I care.

I met him and he was great to the fans, didn't run off like Gidley tried too either so yeh as you say, as long as he's ok with the people that matter most then who cares.
 
He was only 22, most that age f up and I'm sure he regrets it. Gids is now one of the best role models in the NRL, legend!
 
I saw Darius shopping at the Coles at the Waratah shops near Christmas I was just walking and he was there and I said "hey mate" or something like that and he didn't reply and my brother was following me so then he said something. Still no reply.
And I was near gidley at our last home game at the captains toss. I wanted to get a footy card signed so I asked him if he could do it after the interview and he said "yeah sure, no worries" so I stood their while he did the interview and when it was done he headed straight back in the sheds. I think he might've forgot but anyway...
 
I saw Darius shopping at the Coles at the Waratah shops near Christmas I was just walking and he was there and I said "hey mate" or something like that and he didn't reply and my brother was following me so then he said something. Still no reply.
And I was near gidley at our last home game at the captains toss. I wanted to get a footy card signed so I asked him if he could do it after the interview and he said "yeah sure, no worries" so I stood their while he did the interview and when it was done he headed straight back in the sheds. I think he might've forgot but anyway...

At the coin toss? Of course he wouldn't want to sign a card, his mind is totally on footy at that stage. Full time he would probably sign anything in front of him. With Boyd, it's not hard to say hello to someone that says hi to you. He thinks his s*it don't stink
 
At the coin toss? Of course he wouldn't want to sign a card, his mind is totally on footy at that stage. Full time he would probably sign anything in front of him. With Boyd, it's not hard to say hello to someone that says hi to you. He thinks his s*it don't stink

If someone said "Hi mate" to me and I didn't know them, I wouldn't even think they were talking to me.

If a player doesn't want to be harrassed in their personal life then there's nothing wrong with that.
 
If someone said "Hi mate" to me and I didn't know them, I wouldn't even think they were talking to me.

If a player doesn't want to be harrassed in their personal life then there's nothing wrong with that.

My Missus was working at a Kid's clothing shop in at the Junction a few years back when Joey and his young bloke come in. She was pretty nervous but didn't mention footy. She said Joey was very pleasant and was taking forever to pick what they wanted. A women walking past the shop noticed and ran in screaming closely followed by a small crowd of interested parties. Joey tried to be polite but left the shop without making a purchase. I know they are well paid and have to be pleasant all the time even if they feel shyte but sometimes I don't blame them for what seems as being rude.
 
I get all this sh** he possibly does but that doesn't change the fact that he's easily becoming one of our best players, as long as he get's it done on the field i'm happy, he may be slow to play the ball and arrogant at times but he is still a great player.
 
If someone said "Hi mate" to me and I didn't know them, I wouldn't even think they were talking to me.

If a player doesn't want to be harrassed in their personal life then there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't be daft, he knew. Also, saying hi is NOT harassment. :razz:
 
Don't be daft, he knew. Also, saying hi is NOT harassment. :razz:

It can be when it happens all the time.

I would never go near a well known person in a shopping centre, they don't need it. Give them their privacy.

At a fan day, or getting off or onto the bus before or after a game, or if you go to a training session, go for it.
 
It can be when it happens all the time.

I would never go near a well known person in a shopping centre, they don't need it. Give them their privacy.

At a fan day, or getting off or onto the bus before or after a game, or if you go to a training session, go for it.

I couldn't agree more, I have the odd beer with a ex 1st grader and what he puts up with when we're out is embarrassing. But walking down waratah village it's not hard to say hi even if its 25 times
 
And I didn't go up to him I was just walking down one isle and as I was turning into the next one at the end he was turning into the one I was just in and I just said hey or something like that but he said nothing so then I just continued on
 
Back
Top