Dane Gagai Re-Signs with Knights until 2017

The Bulldogs don't need them, it'll be silly of us to worry to about the dogs where many other clubs need them and can afford them. Either way we should secure the boys now while we can


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I ran into Jaelan Feeney about a week or so ago, he told me he's best mates with Pat and said the boys are staying and the same thing others are saying - that their manager was messing them around and telling them they were unwanted by the knights. He said that Matt Gidley personally went around to their homes when he heard to tell them it wasn't true.
 
Sounds promising. I guess it isn't a quick process to get out of their current manager's agreement. Frustrating that it's being held up though.
 
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2830038/matautias-named-for-nines/?cs=2503

Michael Hagan has said there's been some progress but there's still some complications with their agent.

More in the article.
Interesting to look at the brickwork behind the three brothers. Pat is now clearly at least 2 inches taller than Chanel and about 5 taller than Sione. Two years ago Pat and chanel were about the same height, but like all the brothers, Pat has had a growth spurt about 19/20 years old, which means Sione probably has 2 or 3 inches of growth in him.
However you look at it, 6 foot tall Pete is the runt of the litter, with the other boys going to end up somewhere between 6'3" and 6'5" I think.
 
So they're getting out of their contract with their manager through the courts because he didn't act in their best interest. That pretty much says it all, they don't want to be at the Bulldogs.

Once they've left their manager I'm pretty sure I read Tyrone Robert's manager is waiting take them on.
 
Copy the article for those of us who've used up our free articles for the week? haha

Ahh well, makes the decision on the Mata'utia's easier. No point selecting Gagai in round one, now, imo.
 
Copy the article for those of us who've used up our free articles for the week? haha
Ahh well, makes the decision on the Mata'utia's easier. No point selecting Gagai in round one, now, imo.

Not a big loss. Like you said this just makes it easier to retain the Mata'utia's & probably Mamo as well. Hopefully he spends some time in NSW Cup this season.
 
Says he is in talks with the Broncos for next season.
If he is going, i'd prefer to see him go now, so we could spend his money on any forwards who might become available.
 
Broncos wouldn't have room to fit him in this year unless we paid the majority, they're still paying for Barba, Kennedy and Hoffman.
 
To be honest, I'm really not disappointed at all. He's been good for us, but, I'd rather look after our local talent. Use his money to retain the Mata'utia boys and Jake Mamo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not having a go at him, but, it'll be interesting to hear managers thoughts.
 
Disappointed his defense never really improved but I guess it's a bullet we had to eventually bite to find a spot for Sione and/or Mamo. I'd hate to see us treat him like **** and just throw him in NSW Cup.
 
Disappointed his defense never really improved but I guess it's a bullet we had to eventually bite to find a spot for Sione and/or Mamo. I'd hate to see us treat him like **** and just throw him in NSW Cup.

I don't know, in this case it sounds like he just wants to go back to the Broncos, not us telling him he doesn't have a spot here. If that is the case then it won't bother me if he's dropped because we need to work towards our own interests, atleast if we fall out of finals contention anyway.
 
Why would we play him in firsts and hold back sione? He is doing the same to us as boyd did Imo, here for coach and thats it,
 
Back
Top