Dane Gagai Re-Signs with Knights until 2017

I say let them go, if they wanna sign somewhere else don't even offer them a contract, plus we don't wanna be paying big money for 3 players when only 1 is good,
So many good Knights juniors we can spend the money on
 
Sandercock knocked back Bennett? And now works exclusively with Stone? Man that guy is a boss. My new favourite dude
Sandercock was an assistant coach to Des Hasler at Manly and he was, and probably still is, a good friend of sports scientist Stephen Dank (who wasn't going beyond the limits during his time at Manly) - so Sandercock, who is an educated man, is seen as pretty cutting edge on the sports science front.
He got the head coach job at Hull KR after they sent some recruiters out to look for a young coach with cutting edge knowledge. From what I can gather, he wasn't a good coach because his tactics and gameplans weren't much good, but many of their young players improved a lot.
 
Speaking of Tinks, He did an interview regarding the Jets and took the opportunity to have this shot at us and the NRL

‘‘Being involved in soccer, it’s nice to wake up on a Monday morning and not have to worry about who my players have beaten up and been done for DUI or whatever.

‘‘In a corporate sense it’s a lot better to be involved in soccer than rugby league.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2808239/tinklers-backflip-over-jets/?cs=305
 
I'm sure owning a club running 9th, with no team spirit or motivation that only draws crowds of 8-11 thousand people is better "In a corporate sense". Rather than a well known club with previous successes.
Stick it up yourself, Tinkler, your words are full of nothing.
 
Like Billy I'm thankful for the money Tinkler put in. Was it his money ? Dunno nor care but the fact he's carried on like a good sort since the divorce means he can go **** himself in my book.
 
You may be right about these young guys as I haven't seen them play I cant comment ,but we let a lot of young talent go under BS.Benny.
I don't think he left us in that good a position when he said mid year that there was no one in the club good enough to replace our badly out of form or injured players .
(1) A coach should not (in my opinion ) say those things to the press (2) It was his job to make sure that we had reserves to do the job when needed.

(3) He threw his hands in the air and said he had no idea what was going on with the team (he should have left right then )

(4) He said when running back to brissy that it would take 5 years to rebuild this team , well excuse me but that's what you were supposed to do from the start . It was at that point I took his book outside peed on it and threw it in the garbage .
After all that my point is Bennett doesn't think were going to be any good for quite a few years, personally I don't want to wait that long I was expecting a competitive team by last year . .... Phew ive been wanting to have a whinge about that ****er for so long.
 
Yeah he did say it would be another five years until we were a threat to win the comp when he announced he was leaving, didn't he.
 
I don't know if he said it when he got here but he did say it when he left and in my opinion if Stone had stayed 1st grade coach we would be a very competitive team NOW not 5 years away.
 
Im glad we took the punt on bennett as he is the greatest coach going around atm. But our team just doesnt suit him at all. He is very defensive based while our team is Attack based. But yeah i agree with that Ethan!

Back onto topic im pretty confident the 3 Mata'utia's stay! Why else would they say what they said!
 
Yeah he is great when he has a team of champions to coach as with brissy and saints , but when he had a team with not so many champions he looked to struggle big time .
 
You may be right about these young guys as I haven't seen them play I cant comment ,but we let a lot of young talent go under BS.Benny.
I don't think he left us in that good a position when he said mid year that there was no one in the club good enough to replace our badly out of form or injured players .
(1) A coach should not (in my opinion ) say those things to the press (2) It was his job to make sure that we had reserves to do the job when needed.

(3) He threw his hands in the air and said he had no idea what was going on with the team (he should have left right then )

(4) He said when running back to brissy that it would take 5 years to rebuild this team , well excuse me but that's what you were supposed to do from the start . It was at that point I took his book outside peed on it and threw it in the garbage .
After all that my point is Bennett doesn't think were going to be any good for quite a few years, personally I don't want to wait that long I was expecting a competitive team by last year . .... Phew ive been wanting to have a whinge about that ****er for so long.

Here here, I agree with every word, well said Ethan :applause:
 
What do you mean "cap room"? They don't even have a salary cap limit. Like a few other clubs...
 
Back
Top