Toohey's News

Sometimes you have to ask yourself are you going to get more by dropping him? You’re allowed to have a bad game. It’s not like there was no effort, right move by the coach. I think Mann will go back to the bench with Green starting.

The only player we have who can replace Shiba now is Young and I think they are being very careful to introduce Young to firstgrade in the right way, because he looks like he'll be something special.
In a few weeks we'll have Ponga, Best and Lee all back - so Hoy, Best, and Lee will all be able to slot in ahead of Shiba, and Musgrove will be back as well, so he might be ahead of Shiba too, but just now we talk up Shiba and hope he does the job, or throw Young in the deep end and put a lot of pressure on him to perform.

People are talking like Shibasaki constantly single-handedly loses us matches ... we won 8 lost 3 for a 73% win rate with him last season ... I think he's fine at centre.

Shiba is hot and cold.
Sometimes he has a really good game.
Sometimes he is terrible.
Sometimes he is good for 60 minutes and then goes silly.
I'd prefer if he was just OK every game than never knowing if he's going to play like he's never seen a football.

10/4
Gardner thinks mining is great and we should take their money forever. He says everyone is entitled to an opinion, but he feels sorry for anyone who doesn't share his.
Dane Gagai is looking for a new club and he's sounded out the Knights to see if we'd like to gift him a few more million for doing nothing. Toohey doesn't see it happening, although he does say we are in the market for a centre.
Tex Hoy is close to signing a 2 year deal.
The Knights are now keen on keeping both Mann and Watson.
Toohey's points this week 3 DSaf, 2 Brailey, 1 Watson - he has DSaf as runaway leader for player of the year.

It's full of news today.
He also says we would have fought the JSaf suspension but we can't afford to lose him for another week.
Anthony seibold describes Rory Kostjaysyn as one of the best young coaches in the NRL.
Tex Hoy, Shibs and Young have all had to suspend social media after online abuse.

It's full of news today.
He also says we would have fought the JSaf suspension but we can't afford to lose him for another week.
Anthony seibold describes Rory Kostjaysyn as one of the best young coaches in the NRL.
Tex Hoy, Shibs and Young have all had to suspend social media after online abuse.
Unbelievable the lengths people go to, why get personal. These halfwits have probably never laced a boot let alone play at an elite level. 🤬🤬

10/4
Gardner thinks mining is great and we should take their money forever. He says everyone is entitled to an opinion, but he feels sorry for anyone who doesn't share his.
Dane Gagai is looking for a new club and he's sounded out the Knights to see if we'd like to gift him a few more million for doing nothing.
Tex Hoy is close to signing a 2 year deal.
The Knights are now keen on keeping both Mann and Watson.
Where to begin?

No problem with the mining deal, just the insidious jersey.

Gagai can do nothing elsewhere. I hope the club told him so.

No problem with Hoy as cheap backup, but should never wear #1 ever. He looks so pedestrian and clumsy back there. A year at five-eighth in Reggies might do him well, although Sasagi has first crack.

Watson and Mann can’t be in the same 17. Mann offers nothing at 6, and Clifford is bought and paid for. Watson is looking good in that 13/14 rotation. For mine, plenty of time in reserves for Mann. Good for the club, but surely he would warrant a top grade spot at one of the real basket-case clubs.

We’re they getting abuse for footy related stuff? No need for that if that’s the case, all these boy are playing very hard.

I don’t think we can have both Watson & Mann playing the same role in the 17. It’s one or the other or they need to find a different positions for one of them ie Mann to centre

Not a popular opinion but I still like/ rate Gagai, not for 650K but I think he’s still one of the best centres in the game. I’m happy to hear we’re looking for a centre, Shibasaki has been so disappointing & Tuala the same imo. Young will take time & I think Kiraz could be a gun, Hunt is ok but he doesn’t add much bringing the ball out of danger.

Looking at what the top teams get out of their 1-5 compared to us, there’s a lot of catching up we need to do in this area.

Back