Round 6: Knights v Cowboys @ EnergyAustralia Stadium

Pick the margin for Knights v Cowboys


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
DeGois was outstanding tonight! He was catching markers out and when they were lazy making easy metres up the middle. Taufua was strong and so were all our starting forwards. Ciraldo is definitely underrated and deserved his starting position tonight, Mika other than his miss tackle done ok tonight. I liked the way he charged at Mason and was ready to put shots on some of the other players. Mika offers the big hits we need when we need a momentum shift. Unfortunately for him our big guns in Simmo and Taia along with the always efficient Matt Hilder.
Junior and Cooper were unstoppable along with Cory. This could be a premature wrap as the Cowboys were without alot of their stars but if they can use the confidence gained tonight to play like that next week, well we'll really have something to look forward to for the rest of the year.
 
Good effort tonight the 2nd half wasn't very good but the Refs got the Cowboys into the game, on line defence was good other then the 3rd try.
Rogers was teriffic and showed with no match fitness how much better he is then Dureau, Paterson, Sau, Faas, Mullen and Degois were the standouts
 
Rogers was teriffic and showed with no match fitness how much better he is then Dureau, Paterson, Sau, Faas, Mullen and Degois were the standouts

Stone deserves to be sacked if he finds a way to put dureau ahead of rogers this week, rogers was good tonight, didnt see to many of his brain explosions which was good.
 
And on another note, how good was the willie is a wa*ker chant, and anyone that sat in the southern concourse seats or the south hill would of noticed after the last vuna try when they were going to the video ref, the crowd was yelling abuse at willie and he pulled down his pants to the crowd, yes it was absolutely disgusting.

Haha that was my favourite part of the second half. I can't believe he pulled his pants down, what a fezz!

Stone deserves to be sacked if he finds a way to put dureau ahead of rogers this week, rogers was good tonight, didnt see to many of his brain explosions which was good.

Come on get ur hand off it.. He was good but no messiah.
 
And on another note, how good was the willie is a wa*ker chant, and anyone that sat in the southern concourse seats or the south hill would of noticed after the last vuna try when they were going to the video ref, the crowd was yelling abuse at willie and he pulled down his pants to the crowd, yes it was absolutely disgusting.

But it's ok for the crowd to yell abuse at him? If the crowd can't take it they shouldn't hand it out! Just sounds like a funny incident to me!

Last laugh is with Mason, coz he had a great game tonight, we could have really used him this year. If he keeps that form up he should be back for the Blues.

Mika other than his miss tackle done ok tonight. I liked the way he charged at Mason and was ready to put shots on some of the other players. Mika offers the big hits we need when we need a momentum shift.

I don't know what game you were watching! Mika missed tackles, gave away penalties, and missed an under-5s tackle to concede a try, from what I saw. I thought he had the mother of all shockers. I've seen him play a lot better in the Toyota Cup last year, but that was a bad game from him tonight.

Stone deserves to be sacked if he finds a way to put dureau ahead of rogers this week, rogers was good tonight, didnt see to many of his brain explosions which was good.

I think Rogers has to, and will, stay. He really took his chance tonight. His cover tackle was super-duper! Kicking game is alright, I don't think it's a problem in that department, like some earlier poster.

What I'm worried about with Stone is his halftime talks. What is he saying to them?!?!

He's got the best pre-game talk in the NRL, but the worst half-time talk!!!
 
I was getting a bit scared in the second half!
Pato played great, he got Man of the Match. Rogers tackle in the second half i think it was, ahh that was so relieving!
But woo we finally got a win and a good one too :D
 
I don't know what game you were watching! Mika missed tackles, gave away penalties, and missed an under-5s tackle to concede a try, from what I saw. I thought he had the mother of all shockers. I've seen him play a lot better in the Toyota Cup last year, but that was a bad game from him tonight.

Im with you on Mika, he was pretty average tonight. Not the debut he would have hoped for.


What I'm worried about with Stone is his halftime talks. What is he saying to them?!?!

He's got the best pre-game talk in the NRL, but the worst half-time talk!!!

Im not too sure what Stone says matters. Players know they have a big lead, go out there, and just blow it. I think its just all psychological.

Even if Stone screams his head off at them, with us leading by 24, wouldn't make a difference IMO.
 
But Stone himself is too positive IMO. Like yeah it was satisfying landing the last blow, but he just brushed over the second half as if it were nothing in the press conference. I think it's a serious issue and the only reason we're no in the 8. Our 2nd half has been poor every single game, and it's become a trend for 6 straight weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 2 points, but this was an inexperienced Cowboys team. We should have put them to the sword. But as Gidley gets back to full strength and Rogers hopefully matures, maybe the discipline will return
 
It was a great game, they were fantastic in the first half, although they did slip in the second half, it is just lucky they were able to get a big lead in the first half, otherwise it could have been a different outcome.
 
If only the game of rugby league was 40 mins not 80 , Knights would seriously rip up this NRL comp lol. Good win for the boys, but that 1st half performance i thought we were gonna put 50 plus on the score board . Come 2nd half we were competely a different team, i just dont get how can we score 6 tries in the frist half and only score 1 try in the 2nd half !!!??. I was on the edge of my seat thinking cowboys would make a come back, Lucky Cooper score, but took us ages to find the try line.

At the end we won and we will take the 2 points. I just wanna know what Rick Stone says to these players at halftime.
 
Im with you on Mika, he was pretty average tonight. Not the debut he would have hoped for.




Im not too sure what Stone says matters. Players know they have a big lead, go out there, and just blow it. I think its just all psychological.

Even if Stone screams his head off at them, with us leading by 24, wouldn't make a difference IMO.
It wasn't his debut was it? I'm sure he played a couple of games in the back end of last year and went alright
 
Well thank god for that, We really needed that win to get our confidence back, but after saying that. If the Cowboys had Thurton and Payne we would of got smashed tonight. It will be a hard game next week against the sharks who never lose by much at home. WTF is up with out 2nd halves. Any other team tonight and yes that does include the Sharks would of beat us tonight with that 2nd half performance. I was on the edge of my chair the whole 2nd half.

But enough of the negatives, Gidley means so much to this side, his talk really made a difference tonight, he did make 2 horrible errors but he will get better each week with more match fitness. Rogers I though was one of the best on the field tonight, He is 10 times better then Dureau, he actually takes the line on and set up 2 of Vuna try's with great passes to sau. De Gois was great tonight but where was he in the last 20 minutes, we really need De Gois to become a 80 minute player I thinkt that will go a long way to getting a better 2nd half performance.

Overall very happy we got the 2 points and that is all that matters
 
De Gois was great tonight but where was he in the last 20 minutes, we really need De Gois to become a 80 minute player I thinkt that will go a long way to getting a better 2nd half performance.

Overall very happy we got the 2 points and that is all that matters
He is coming off a serious knee injury and may not be 100% yet
 
How good was it to see Vuna get 3 tries! Was definately well deserved. I love it when he gets involved with the crowd to. Did anybody else at the game see him counting down with his hands in the last seconds lol.
 
How good was it to see Vuna get 3 tries! Was definately well deserved. I love it when he gets involved with the crowd to. Did anybody else at the game see him counting down with his hands in the last seconds lol.

Hes always clapping to the crowd, always a smile on his face, him & sau after the last try were getting the crowd to cheer louder :lol:. Congrats to Vuna, and Sau set up 2 of the tries so worked well together.
 
How good was it to see Vuna get 3 tries! Was definately well deserved. I love it when he gets involved with the crowd to. Did anybody else at the game see him counting down with his hands in the last seconds lol.

I missed that bit but did u see while we were waiting for the last video ref pato tugging on Chris James arm going "yeah yeah how bout that" sort of thing.. That was really funny :) Also hear how many people said "Up the Knights" as Pato walked by :lol:
 
did u see while we were waiting for the last video ref pato tugging on Chris James arm going "yeah yeah how bout that" sort of thing.. That was really funny :) Also hear how many people said "Up the Knights" as Pato walked by :lol:

Nah i didnt see that. Crowd was going mental at that last video ref. Yea i heard "up the knights" so many times" lol.
Also, I have to say the Crusade looked really good last night! And it was great to hear everybody else joing in :)
 
Back
Top