Round 6: Knights v Cowboys @ EnergyAustralia Stadium

Pick the margin for Knights v Cowboys


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Good effort tonight the 2nd half wasn't very good but the Refs got the Cowboys into the game, on line defence was good other then the 3rd try.
Rogers was teriffic and showed with no match fitness how much better he is then Dureau, Paterson, Sau, Faas, Mullen and Degois were the standouts

Having a dig at Dureau, even though he and Rogers play different positions and Dureau has out performed Mullen this season so far. Well done bro.
 
I thought overall we pretty poor especially the 2nd half...Not anywhere near the standard we should/could be at. If our 2nd halves don't improve drastically in the future I belive we could be in for a long long season.
 
Great 1st half, average 2nd half, great defensive effort on the back of those repeat sets in the 2nd half. More improvement needed to put away teams in the 2nd half after their 1st half performances this year.
 
Just watched the game, good win. Mika was just abit raw, he will get better with more games in the top grade. Thought Tolar finally hit his stride, and Ciraldo looked good in the first half.

Just watching the Sharks today, they were terrible however they will be quite difficult at Shark Park. They grew confidence in the back end of that game today, we cannot take them easily.
 
Having a dig at Dureau, even though he and Rogers play different positions and Dureau has out performed Mullen this season so far. Well done bro.

Rogers did play some first reciever and did better then Dureau has, he also combined better with Mullen, it's a no contest between the two Rogers has a better passing and running game and is much superior defender
 
Rogers did play some first reciever and did better then Dureau has, he also combined better with Mullen, it's a no contest between the two Rogers has a better passing and running game and is much superior defender

I agree that Dureau has outplayed Mullen this season, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that Mullen had one of his best games when playing outside Rogers.

I rate Dureau and Rogers pretty similarly, but the Rogers-Mullen combo seems to work a lot better than the Dureau-Mullen one does.

Dureau seems to combine better with Rogers, actually, which is a bit weird!
 
Im hopeless! This is the 3rd game in a row Ive missed, (Fishing at Eucumbene). BUT I did catch the second half on the radio, spewin I missed the first. I didnt expect Nadira and Rogers to play, BTW, howed Nadira go?

It was strange turning on the radio to hear 30-6 to Newcastle and still feeling a bit worried wich is bullsh!t. If you were watching any other team you could turn it off knowing the game was won. But I cooked the BBQ and listened to the Cowboys claw their way back into the game and by the sounds of it, had they made different decisions to some of the ones they made then they could well have won it.

To me it sounded like the Cowboys threw it away. Newcastle tried to and was lucky through defence to hold on. One try sounded bad, something about Ty Williams I think pretty much walked between Mika and Degois, hows that bloody happen?

But as everyone has said, 2 points is 2 points and I think the Sharks at home with Tim Smith at the helm will not be a walk over in anyones books. Hungry for victory and coming so close so often, the Knights will need their "A" game and not just for the 1st half!!
 
I agree that Dureau has outplayed Mullen this season, but I also don't think it's a coincidence that Mullen had one of his best games when playing outside Rogers.

I rate Dureau and Rogers pretty similarly, but the Rogers-Mullen combo seems to work a lot better than the Dureau-Mullen one does.
I think mullen is a better halfback then 5/8. Anyone else agree? Leave him there, the best form of his career was the year he played halfback and he got picked for state of origin
 
I think mullen is a better halfback then 5/8. Anyone else agree? Leave him there, the best form of his career was the year he played halfback and he got picked for state of origin

Nup, i dont tend to agree. Mullen is a natural 5/8. He seems a lot more comfortable in that role IMO, he doesnt handle pressure very well so when he is second-receiver it is easier for him to play his game.
 
I think mullen is a better halfback then 5/8. Anyone else agree? Leave him there, the best form of his career was the year he played halfback and he got picked for state of origin

Ive always thougt Mullen is a better halfback than a 5/8. Simply because Mullen is better when he is the dominant playmaker IMO. When he plays with Dureau, Dureau seems to take a lot of the duties away from him.
 
That little 'red herring;' is a typical BS tactic but the win was a must and let the team build on that. The Sharks have their own problems, with more injuries this weekend, so here's hoping for two in a row. Some pleasant selection questions for a change.

Ben Rogers had an outstanding game and surely will start in the halves, 6 or 7 does not matter as they change about, as to drop a player after that performance would be an injustice to the young man.
 
Back
Top