Round 25: Knights v Eels @ Hunter Stadium

Young Randell looked the most competent rake we have fielded this year and great to see that playing for the home crowd come back into the team.

I said last week (after his game against Manly) he was nearly ready for a shot at NRL and people laughed ;)

Just saying :shock:
 
Randell isn't a natural hooker. He goes OK at hooker, but he is most at home at 6 or 7.
For the last couple of months he has been playing second row and giving Redman 10 or 15 minutes rest from hooker.
 
What a great day. The rain held off and all 3 grades got a win. I hope they try and have all grades play at home on the same day more next year. I was surrounded by Eels fans, but they are always well behaved and respectful, unlike a couple of other teams, but don't get me started on that.

If the knights are in striking distance at half time, and the opposition score first , I am always supremely confident of a win, but not a flogging like that. I thought their defence was superb, shutting done the Eels attack and forcing mistakes. Their attack was entertaining and they looked like they were having a ball. I notice Rick Stone led them off the field at the end, and the evil in me thinks that on the way back to the field at half time he told them to forget Wayne's instruction of more direct play and less offloads and do the opposite :).

Tyrone watch -when that kick off was a balls up I cringed and thought we were going to be in for 'one of those games' but he bounced back well and I thought he had a good game without being a standout. He seemed to do a lot of defence (may have missed 1 or 2), and loved when he put someone over the side line, and the great chase on Sandow, (that penalty was garbage) . I also think his kicking game is improving with a nice grubber for a dropout and a few great high swirling bombs.

My man if the match - Joey Leilua. Outstanding all game, played with energy and passion and killed them all game. They were all fantastic.

Go the knights.

I had to go back to confirm myself that was what Menzies reported Bennett said at halftime. Cut out the offloads and expansive play. :lol: Unbelievable! Thank goodness we didn't listen and ended up with our most offloads in a match since 2005.

Can't wait till Bennett is gone, just one game left!
 
What a great day. The rain held off and all 3 grades got a win. I hope they try and have all grades play at home on the same day more next year
.

Nope poor idea imo no one turns up for the first game. Better to just play it at a local park where food & drinks are alot cheaper.
 
Why don't people show up for the first game? I'd love that!

Because ideally I'd prefer to be at a pub having a couple cheaper drinks, possible feed. 3 games of football can also get abit excessive. I usually get to hunter stadium towards the end of the reserve game.

I don't just go to the games for the footy I plan my social life around it aswell.
 
For me, I'd like to go & watch 3 grades of good footy, it sounds like a great arvo out. Each to their own though ay.
What's the difference in numbers between playing in the parks & playing in the curtain raisers?
 
Anyone watch the presser? Waynes look on his face these last few wins is kinda a surprised one. Also someone said the centers played well, dane and joey, wayne agreed and then said "they can be other side of the coin though"

does he really need to say something like that?

why give them credit then take them down a peg. I don't disagree with the comment just think its unnecessary
 
Anyone watch the presser? Waynes look on his face these last few wins is kinda a surprised one. Also someone said the centers played well, dane and joey, wayne agreed and then said "they can be other side of the coin though"

does he really need to say something like that?

why give them credit then take them down a peg. I don't disagree with the comment just think its unnecessary

Don't think Wayne cares anymore he's just planning next year at the broncs
 
If beers and food were cheaper id prolly go watch all three games, try to see second half of reserve grade. just depends who im going with and what the plans are before and after the game
 
Wayne spoke the truth, that's his job. Some blokes at the club need to realise their not a protected species.
 
Wayne spoke the truth, that's his job. Some blokes at the club need to realise their not a protected species.

That's correct but on the other hand people need to realize Wayne's not a koala bear and if he needs to be told then tell him.
 
Wayne has made his fair share of mistakes at this club and don't dispute that but ever since warren Ryan left this club a culture of excuses has crept in and we have been on the slide every since. It's a damn shame Wayne's not 10 years younger as I believe he could rid us of this culture but hopefully stone can tackle this major challenge.
 
For me, I'd like to go & watch 3 grades of good footy, it sounds like a great arvo out. Each to their own though ay.
What's the difference in numbers between playing in the parks & playing in the curtain raisers?

Usually get a couple hundred at a nsw cup at a local park. Better atmosphere though, went to a game at harked oval last year between the knights and newtown, newtown fans started a couple chants, likes of Willie mason, Tyrone Roberts standing on the hill. You don't get that at hunter stadium.
 
Put me down as one who goes to all three grades if I get the chance, love it! Even if it's a game like Warriors vs Wests in Wellington last year where they had all three grades playing, I went along for all three. :lol:

As for Bennett and his snide remark about Gagai and Leilua, I think it's fine to criticise players being closed doors, when they deserve it, but not in front of the media when they've just had a blinder!

He'd never say that about a favourite like Boyd either, so it's double standards. Even when every man and his dog could see Boyd was playing terribly for us earlier in the year Bennett was defending his form at every press conference.

He must have been grumpy coz we offloaded and threw the ball around too much.
 
Back
Top