Jake Clifford

I hope Clifford does well enough next pre season to be an automatic selection in round 1, but he'll have to earn it, and his competition, Crossland and Hoy, train their backsides off.

There is no competition, the club has brought him with a plan to partner him with Pearce.
The halves in Round 1 2022 will be 6. Clifford 7. Pearce unless they are injured.

Speaking of players I have completely forgotten, apparently someone by the name of JJ Collins played 2 games for the knights in 2018

When I first read what Billy said I thought … hmm, that must be referring to something that happened when Brown coached the Dragons!

Does make me question if I still have all my faculties.

But I can remember things like Robbie McCormack scoring a try with a grubber from dummy half vs the Dragons in 1995, so hopefully I’m ok haha.

Joe Wardle was a Pom who was apparently Brown's best young prospect at Huddersfield.
Brown signed him for us and apparently promised him a shot at the NRL, but he showed up injured, spent all pre season in rehab, absolutely stunk in 2 or 3 games of reserve grade, and then got picked in firstgrade where he mostly warmed the bench and spent time as a turnstile at centre or crash test dummy at second row. He had a second year on his contract but had the good grace to go back to England instead, although Simon Woolford didn't give him a spot back at Huddersfield because he'd seen enough of him at the Knights.

I would bet my life’s savings on the halves next year being 6. Clifford 7. Pearce. I’ve been wrong plenty of times before but I’m confident as can be that the club views this kid as a ten year player for us. You don’t just hand a kid a jersey and if he comes down and mails it in he’s in as much danger as anyone, but he performs even close to what’s expected the kids you mentioned + Bailey Hodgson are competing with each other for the fourth spot in the spine in the future, not with Brailey, Clifford & Ponga for one of their spots.
I'm not so sure Harv Pearce is more a heads up half these days that's why I'd like to see him fill a 6 role similar to Cody Walker to link with Ponga and the centres. Let Clifford organise and utilise that kicking game

I would be very surprised if they took the No.7 off Pearce.

I’m looking forward to Clifford’s floating bombs!!! Much more so than Pearce’s drop punt bombs

Brent Read reporting that Dearden to North Queensland, Clifford to Newcastle & Billy Walters to Brisbane could happen fairly soon. Toohey saying he also thinks it’s a big chance of happening.

Rudi on the Cowboys forum is saying the reason it hasn’t happened as yet is because Cliffords partner is pregnant and doesn’t want to move at this point in time otherwise he would of been at the Knights by now.

Let’s just remember he has said this will happen long before any journo said it including Toohey.

Back