Idris leaves Bulldogs for Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

Sau was exceptional yesterday and will come at about 2/3 of the cost Idris will.

i reckon his market price will be the same if not more than jamal, seems as soon as commentators start wrapping players which they have started to with sau, there price skyrockets. hands off aku, i think he should always be our first proirity, equal with mullo
 
2 opinions here 1 i dont mind if degois goes or stays as im happy with him at hooker but in my opinion we lose nothing with hilder there his attacks just as good and defence is prob better so im happy either way....2 i cant believe that ppl dont want idris (back) hes 20 and allready a power house hes played state of origin (& id like to see the pay checks of the other soo players bet theyre on good cash ) hes a local and hes only going to get better and in the last to games he proved he can mix it with the best he may not be consistant with this sort of form 4 the next ten yrs like lockeyer or johnsy ...but what if he is

DeGois is a much better option as a hooker than Hilder IMO he is up there with the best in the NRL! Hilder doesn't have the speed out of dummy half that Isaac has and doesn't really offer too much in attack. I think if we lost Him we shouldn't be happy to have Hilder (even though I think he's a great fill in) as no.1 hooker we'd have to chase someone else or hope Adams steps up!
 
How anyone cannont want Idris in our side are being ridiculous. With Sau and Idris in the centres we wound have the toughest centre pairing in the competetion. Teams would be almost scared to play us as you cannot tackle either of them 1 on 1. Yes they wont be the most skillful but that will be made up with the amount of strengh they would have.

Would be a dream come true to have a centre pairing of sau and Idris
 
yes agreed but then wat was the point to signing likiliki he could prove to be as good as idris he just has to be given a shot
 
Everyone that is saying can't believe people wouldn't want Idris, everyone who said that was basing it on last season, not the first 2 rounds, he wasn't great last season, very bad in defence, obviously things have changed, let's not forget this thread was going way before round 1.

As for keeping De Gois, he's a great player, and way better then hilder in attack, you can see when Hilder focus's on attack, his def is let down, but when he plays lock, he doesn't worry as much about attack, and his def is unbelievable. To get rid of De Gois, would be like us saying get rid of Buderus or Johns in their prime.

I really think MacDougall is going to switch to left centre for our game against Dogs if Idris keeps this form up.
 
Everyone that is saying can't believe people wouldn't want Idris, everyone who said that was basing it on last season, not the first 2 rounds, he wasn't great last season, very bad in defence, obviously things have changed, let's not forget this thread was going way before round 1.

People keep banging on about him being inconsistent, but what player isn't at his age?

Although he may have not been wonderful at times last year, I do remember him being on fire in the lead up to Origin one and playing a major role in a couple of Bulldogs wins.

It doesn't take a wonderful judge of talent to realise he is going to be a great player.
 
i reckon his market price will be the same if not more than jamal, seems as soon as commentators start wrapping players which they have started to with sau, there price skyrockets. hands off aku, i think he should always be our first proirity, equal with mullo

No way Sa'u will command more then Idris. Idris is commanding $350k+. Sa'u will probably command around $250k IMO.

yes agreed but then wat was the point to signing likiliki he could prove to be as good as idris he just has to be given a shot

So you're gonna pass up the opportunity to sign a great young talent like Idris because Likiliki who's probably on less then $100k per season may or may not succeed in the NRL? Sounds silly to me. I like Likiliki but he's in no way comparable to Idris. They're the same age and look what Idris has accomplished compared to Likiliki. I mean it's not even close between the two atm. Besides, if Likiliki does impress and is ready for FG, shift Idris into the second row. I personally think he'd thrive there, similar to SBW, minus all the injuries of course.

Everyone that is saying can't believe people wouldn't want Idris, everyone who said that was basing it on last season, not the first 2 rounds, he wasn't great last season, very bad in defence, obviously things have changed, let's not forget this thread was going way before round 1.

You're acting like he played woeful last year. Not much has changed from last year to this year. Yeah he's in great form atm but anyone with any amount of football knowledge could see that that's the type of potential he has. If you didn't see this coming sooner or later then I have no idea who you were watching out there on the football field because from day dot his talent and potential has been so ridiculously obvious.
 
So you would pay for him based on inconsistency? Mullen was called the next Johns 6 years ago, and is only just firing now. You and James think Rogers is almighty, but don't see anyone chasing him for a contract. Just because they have potential, doesn't mean you pay $400k or whatever for them.

He had good games last year, but he was also made to look like a fool in defence aswell, not to mention his move to backrow didn't help through their injuries.
 
I want him here. $400k is obviously a bit overs atm but at his age & what he has achieved in the game already, imagine how good he could become over the next 10 years. I'm happy to pay a bit overs for him now as he will be a very good player in the next couple of years. On form already in 2011 he's almost cemeted himself a spot in Origin IMO.
 
It all depends on what money is available. I'd much rather see investment in the front row and if there is enough under the cap left after that we can consider Idris
 
So you would pay for him based on inconsistency? Mullen was called the next Johns 6 years ago, and is only just firing now. You and James think Rogers is almighty, but don't see anyone chasing him for a contract. Just because they have potential, doesn't mean you pay $400k or whatever for them.

He had good games last year, but he was also made to look like a fool in defence aswell, not to mention his move to backrow didn't help through their injuries.

No body's going to be the next Johns and it was pretty obvious Mullen wasn't going to be either. I assume you were a part of the crowd who was crowning him the next Johns during his rookie season though. It wouldn't surprise me.

I think Rogers is almighty? You think Johns was an overrated hag who should've been playing park footy as a bench winger. See, I can make crap up too.

You don't want Idris in Newcastle colours because you don't rate the bloke, that's fine, but I do, and after watching him carve up against Inglis and play really well against Lawrence, I'm pretty confident in my ability to judge talent.
 
Inglis is far from his best ATM! I think he will get made to look stupid a few more times until he's fit, he looks very lazy but he'll come good eventually and I think people raving about Idris carving him up should see it as it is!

In saying that I'm all for signing Idris as I think he'd be great addition.
 
Inglis is far from his best ATM! I think he will get made to look stupid a few more times until he's fit, he looks very lazy but he'll come good eventually and I think people raving about Idris carving him up should see it as it is!

In saying that I'm all for signing Idris as I think he'd be great addition.

Now Inglis is someone who's overrated. I can't believe there's people out there who think he's arguably the best player in the game. He's done nothing the past couple years at club level for Melbourne. He shows up and plays great for QLD and Australia but that's about it. So far his form for Souths has pretty much been on par with what his form was for Melbourne, only at Melbourne he was playing for a superior team who was playing without a salary cap.
 
Now Inglis is someone who's overrated. I can't believe there's people out there who think he's arguably the best player in the game. He's done nothing the past couple years at club level for Melbourne. He shows up and plays great for QLD and Australia but that's about it. So far his form for Souths has pretty much been on par with what his form was for Melbourne, only at Melbourne he was playing for a superior team who was playing without a salary cap.

He hasn't really performed at club level since 06-07.
 
So you would pay for him based on inconsistency? Mullen was called the next Johns 6 years ago, and is only just firing now. You and James think Rogers is almighty, but don't see anyone chasing him for a contract. Just because they have potential, doesn't mean you pay $400k or whatever for them.

He had good games last year, but he was also made to look like a fool in defence aswell, not to mention his move to backrow didn't help through their injuries.

I think Rogers is a lot more consistent than he's given credit for, in the last two years he's easily been our most consistent half. I also thought he was the logical option to come onto the bench to cover hooker when Hilder came off.

I wouldn't have him in the halves the way Mullen and Henry have started the season.

He is pretty almighty, though.

Not signing Idris because we have Likiliki who has next to no first grade experience and is not within a mile of being as promising, would be typical Knights recruitment thinking, to be honest!!!
 
James I can see you watching all the Knights game with your jersey on with Rogers on the back! Maybe even a I heart before it! Haha
 
In Rogers I'd say we have one of the best halves playing in reserve grade with a full strength side.

Not too many sides have a guy of Rogers' potential/talent and experience in reggies.
 
I think Rogers is a lot more consistent than he's given credit for, in the last two years he's easily been our most consistent half. I also thought he was the logical option to come onto the bench to cover hooker when Hilder came off.

I wouldn't have him in the halves the way Mullen and Henry have started the season.

He is pretty almighty, though.

Not signing Idris because we have Likiliki who has next to no first grade experience and is not within a mile of being as promising, would be typical Knights recruitment thinking, to be honest!!!

I like Rogers too, rarely received any credit since being at the club and hated by many Knights fans. Lord knows why. He regularly gets bagged out because of his "reocurring brain snaps". We we're lucky to see two bad games from him last year, other than that he done the job.

Golden boy Dureau lost us at least 3-4 games through his own ill capabilities, still can't believe how many people on here wanted him in there team last year because..."He is a local boy, Rogers isn't it", "oh he is a nice guy though", "Rogers has brainsnaps every game".

Clearly wasn't the case.
 
I'm sorry people but I'm not a fan of Rogers!
I could not pick a team in the NRL that would prefer him over either of their first choice halves and I doubt if we didn't resign him whether he'd have a gig in first grade even in SL!
Stop gap player at best! I'd prefer him at lock if he has to be in the side at all...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top