Idris leaves Bulldogs for Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... Idris has only really been the hot topic with the Bulldogs.

Unless it does have something to do with the betting scandal.
 
Being over the cap, thatd be interesting no doubt. Maybe thats why they got rid of Tandy

I dont know what we already dont know about the betting scandal? more players involved would be the only shock to me
 
That too is an option, considering how Greenberg has constantly being saying "Jamal has made it clear to us he wants to stay" ;)
 
Yeah haha, journos would do anything to get hits these days
For what its worth I think something to do with the betting could be it, though Im so over it all and I think many others would probably feel the same
 
If it was something major I think more ppl then just Danny would know. Also if it was something major it would have been leaked by now.
 
Yeah its probably not much, but 2 years ago he broke the Brian Smith coaching the Roosters story out of no where (well I remember it being a huge shock lol)

He just said the same thing on video at the start of the 9 news, looks like hes serious! /sarcasm

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Nah it doesnt seem to be anything on Idris
 
Nothing news, Elias is linked to some dude, he owed him money 20 years ago or something and that guy assisted in Tandys sacking and works for the Dogs or something, and whether the dogs will stand by him.
Feel bad enough for posting it haha but I guess it makes the day go faster especially when votes are being counted!
 
Seriously, given my age, if it werent for that news story I wouldnt even know who John Elias or Sam Dibb were.
 
Idris set to make decision

Jamal Idris is on the verge of deciding his future after receiving a formal offer from Canterbury-Bankstown on Wednesday.

The in-demand centre fronted Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg, chairman Ray Dib and coach Kevin Moore for a presentation at Canterbury Leagues Club.

Idris has already fielded offers from Newcastle Knights and Gold Coast Titans after touring the facilities of both clubs in recent weeks. Cronulla also announced themselves as a contender, but it's not known if the Sharks made him an offer.

It's understood the Bulldogs cannot match their rivals for money and are relying on third-party deals and loyalty to keep Idris on for another three years.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...erbury-bankstown/story-fn2mcuj6-1226031764001
 
So now the Dogs are unable to compete with the Knights and Titans offers yet they can afford to pay him $400k? I figure it could be upto that with 3rd party arrangements.
If the rumours of Roberts being on the outer and Tandys freed up money as well as the possibility of Ryan retiring are true they can match it but its also rumoured they are going after English prop Graham. Would be great for them if they can keep Idris and get Graham.
Im thinking itll be after the Dogs next game, I dont think he will want to distract them.
 
I really hope we get him. Would do wonders for our backline. But I think he will stay at the Bulldogs. Cant wait to hear his decision
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top