Idris leaves Bulldogs for Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we aren't looking to sign Lawrence or anyone other than idris... We NEED to stop screwing around and get this signature. The Bulldogs are smart, they signed SBW on a long term deal when he was injured for **** money & wonder why he left. Now they're trying to convince idris that there is money in endoresments outside his footy pay cheque, they will win his signature if we don't get dirty
 
looks like sau might go to parra to be with his mate kearny so liki liki will replace doogs and idris .4..sau and going by the poster mcmanus has bulked up to he was a gr8 defensive winger now maybe he can do a bit more vuna running
 
Idris is already coming guys, he hasnt signed but judging by his attendence at the big day out with all the knights boys id say its done.


Haha! Which Knights players? Asotasi and Gids were chatting heaps at the launch yesterday... Does that mean he could talking to Roy about the Knights?
 
I think the door has definately closed on Tahu coming here. Had it not been for last year it would have been a maybe, but no thanks, we have been held up enough with dramas!
 
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt SBWs long term contract extremely lucrative?

I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but Willie Mason convinced him to re-sign at the Bulldogs for a lot less than he could have got elsewhere, then Mason promptly took off to the Roosters.

It may have been in Steve Price's book.
 
I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but Willie Mason convinced him to re-sign at the Bulldogs for a lot less than he could have got elsewhere, then Mason promptly took off to the Roosters.

It may have been in Steve Price's book.

Yeah I remember hearing/reading that too and I've never read Price's book. I vaguely remember SBW saying it himself, whether it was on national television or he was quoted in the paper. But it was around about that time when Mason signed with the Roosters and SBW wasn't happy with him when by all accounts they were good friends at the Bulldogs.

Either way I think the deal was still big, just not as big as the other offers he was receiving.
 
If Sau goes elsewhere, Tahu would be a fairly wise move believe it or not. He is a higher profile player that basically asked us for a contract. I'd imagine he'd come fairly cheap aswell if we put him on an incentive based contract aswell.
 
oh dam idris at a music festival with knights players.... hes definately coming... i saw kurt at the captains nrl promo the other day... does that mean lockyer benji and hayne are coming to the knights? i love you tinkler! lol
 
I don't that Idris is anywhere near being the loose (mouthed) cannon that Big Willie is!!!!!!!!!!:redface:

Sorry, I didn't mean to compare Idris to Willy in that regards, just that with the personality that they both have, you will always get people who love them or hate them.
Idris does seem a lot more down to earth, but because he is always in the media and is such a personality there will always be the haters.
 
I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but Willie Mason convinced him to re-sign at the Bulldogs for a lot less than he could have got elsewhere, then Mason promptly took off to the Roosters.

It may have been in Steve Price's book.

I read somewhere it was a $2.5m contract over 5 years, so 500k a season. And a recent article states he gave up 400k a season.

Obviously he could have got more for going to another sport, evendent by the size of the contract he turned down to play for the All-Blacks. But it was a pretty generous deal by the bulldogs by NRL standards, considering that it was before the recent cap changes, he was pretty young, and extremely injury prone. 5 years was a big commitment from the dogs.
 
It could just be me but Idris strikes me as extremely lazy.

He seems like one of those players who will believe all the hype around him and as a result never reach his potential
 
It could just be me but Idris strikes me as extremely lazy.

He seems like one of those players who will believe all the hype around him and as a result never reach his potential

Go back a couple of pages, alot of people think the same, it is hard for a centre to have a high work rate, especially if they are only playing one side of the field, and are working to a game plan. If you want lazy, look at G.I IMO, I think Jamals biggest flaws are his defence and ability to read the game, with the right coaching I think he could be a big deal.
 
Go back a couple of pages, alot of people think the same, it is hard for a centre to have a high work rate, especially if they are only playing one side of the field, and are working to a game plan. If you want lazy, look at G.I IMO, I think Jamals biggest flaws are his defence and ability to read the game, with the right coaching I think he could be a big deal.
You could well be right.

I certainly agree that he isn't the best reader of the game, he seems to make a lot of wrong decisions but that is something that could be coached out of him.

Every time I see him mentioned I think back to Round 1 last year when he put a kick in when they were on the break late on which basically handed us the game.
 
Probably old news but I heard Tahu to Charlestown (or whatever they call it these days)

Seen him at Tahs Reds game too, doubt that means anything though
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top