Dane Gagai Re-Signs with Knights until 2017

I will be sad to see Dane leave if thats what he wants to do, but I certainly wouldn't have any ill will. I think he has given his all to this club, whether it was good enough at times is always up for debate, but at least he wasn't half arsed like you know who.

I can understand him wanting to be near his family again, but I would like to think that he has made a nice life here for himself...popular with most fans, good mates, a girlfriend. I hope he really thinks long and hard about it before making a final decision.
 
I will be sad to see Dane leave if thats what he wants to do, but I certainly wouldn't have any ill will. I think he has given his all to this club, whether it was good enough at times is always up for debate, but at least he wasn't half arsed like you know who.

I can understand him wanting to be near his family again, but I would like to think that he has made a nice life here for himself...popular with most fans, good mates, a girlfriend. I hope he really thinks long and hard about it before making a final decision.

I'm pretty certain Gagai will go but I certainly don't think it will be the easy cut and dry decision for him they're making it out to be in the media. Unlike Boyd he seems to really like the place and the club and he's popular amongst his teammates. There's also the fact that I don't think his game really suits the type of footy Bennett coaches so he'd wanna be mindful of that when making a decision if he's ever to reach his potential.
 
I read a couple of days ago (sorry, but, I can't remember where) that Taumalolo had knocked back some big offers to stay at the cowboys. Maybe [MENTION=1650]cowboyman[/MENTION] can add some light?

Nope nothing confirmed yet though reports suggest the cowboys are still favourites to re-sign him.

Also reports saying he could be the first forward signed to a million dollar a season contract if he goes to the warriors. Seems like it's down to the Cowboys, Warriors and Sharks.

The amount of potential this kid still has is unbelievable. Hopefully all this contract talk isn't a distraction.
 
Raiders offered jwh close to $1m a season but pulled their deal when he didn't respond by their deadline.

Moot point anyway because even if j smith, gidley and gagai go, we won't have anything left over one we re-sign all the outside backs we don't need.

Raiders offer a lot of players 1M a season and dont get a reply lol
 
I'm pretty certain Gagai will go but I certainly don't think it will be the easy cut and dry decision for him they're making it out to be in the media. Unlike Boyd he seems to really like the place and the club and he's popular amongst his teammates. There's also the fact that I don't think his game really suits the type of footy Bennett coaches so he'd wanna be mindful of that when making a decision if he's ever to reach his potential.

Nah, he will be back at the Broncos without a doubt. The silence confirms it really. I appreciate/respect his professionalism towards his contract situation though, it's better to sort things out behind the scenes without the media involved. I just hope it doesn't drag out too long so the Knights can plan for his money to be spent elsewhere.
 
I will be sad to see Dane leave if thats what he wants to do, but I certainly wouldn't have any ill will. I think he has given his all to this club, whether it was good enough at times is always up for debate, but at least he wasn't half arsed like you know who.

I can understand him wanting to be near his family again, but I would like to think that he has made a nice life here for himself...popular with most fans, good mates, a girlfriend. I hope he really thinks long and hard about it before making a final decision.

Hear Here.

For those questioning his commitment to the Knights this season

You only need to look at his wrist...


alex16.jpg
 
With Superleague clubs loosing money hand over fist these days the big money offers for average or players on the way down are well and truly over..... I just hope Stone and Midley are Gutsy enough to tell him if he stays it's going to be on a pretty low contract compared to what his on now.
 
Mamo will be playing FB next year imo. Gids will move on. His position in the side is unsettled because he is fast becoming the second and third preference player in all of his preferred positions

Sione and Mamo are stars, and Chanel will always make great back up. Pat on the other hand is considerably sub NRL standard, slow and without real physical impact for his size. So I hope most of Gidley money is spent on our real future and immediate prospects - not Pat and Chanel
 
It's not even him taking up money that's a concern with me with Kurt but more who he's holding back. If he stays on another season or two Mamo will need to walk and then 18 months down the track (or earlier when Gids gets injured) we're looking for another long-term fullback option.
 
Player retention is the biggest concern, of course.

Imo Mamo is as important a player to our future as Sione. I guarantee he'll be playing FB in FG in 4 years time. And seeing as though his contract ends this year one Would think we'll need to resign him asap, or risk losing him. Which begs the question: why would the club wait until the middle of the year before deciding Gidley future if there is an obvious need for it to be decided now?

And if we are waiting on Gids money to resign Mamo why wait until the middle of the year? And If we don't need Gids money, why the hell wasn't Mamo resigned ages ago?

Can't these morons see that in taking their time, another club WILL offer Mamo more money?
 
Still have slight concerns of Mamo at fullback. Nearly all fullbacks in the modern game nowadays have ball-playing ability and often play like a second five-eighth. I think a full year in NSW Cup at the back will really help develop those skills and get him prepared for the NRL gig next year. He's already dangerous in so many other areas and a great open field runner, so add that to his game and he's gonna be hard to leave out.

At worst he'll be a quality NRL winger imo, so he's got to be a priority re-signing.
 
Whilst I like mamo i fail to see all the hype, yes he was good in an open game of 9's and in the 20's, he didn't to much to impress me in first grade though, to say he is ready to play full time 1st grade fullback next year is a big ask Imo.
 
Mamo and Chanel are neck and neck if a firstgrade wing spot came up.
They are very different types of winger, but both have plenty to offer.
It will probably come down to who is playing best in NSW cup.
 
What thoughts would you like to hear?

As I have said all along... Gagai is far from the finish product. We won't see the best of him for a another season or two yet.
Once he does fullfil his potential, there's not an outside back at the club that comes close to him.

I hope he does stay at our club and I hope Stone turns him back into a fullback.

Quoted for the truth :)
 
Current contract negotiations

Feel free to close/move this thread if already covered or in the wrong place.

Just been thinking about our current negotiations (Sione, Gagai and Mamo) and felt a bit done in as I'm quite sure one, maybe two will leave? Ideally we keep all three, however realistically, I'd be happy with two. My two would be Sione and Gagai, but if we are to keep two I am quite sure it will be Mamo and Sione.

What's everyone's Crystal Ball prediction and preference on this (noting we will more than likely not keep all three)?
 
Back
Top