Dane Gagai Re-Signs with Knights until 2017

Looks like Benny's trying to buy a premiership again, hope it works as well as it did here.

I still expect Dale Cherry Evans to head up there.

- For the record I am confident of him staying.
 
I like Gagai but I don't think him leaving will be too bad for us if we re-sign the brothers. I'll have no hard feelings against Gagai either. As for his brother, seemed a decent player from what I saw of him but obviously it was going to be tough for him to get an opportunity here. All I hope is that Wayne is signing Jacob with intentions of actually giving him a chance and not just as a way of getting Dane up there.
 
If Gagai goes no big deal, I like him and beleive he has represented our Jersey well but as others have stated his defence is a worry for me.

on a side note how funny is it watching Bennett try to buy a premiership again, I really hope he fails miserably.
 
BJL is the key to our backline for the next 5 years atleast IMO, with us trying to resign the brothers and Gagai I really don't believe we can afford all 4 of them.
 
We have plenty of back 5 players.
To have a well balanced squad, we actually have to let a few go and spend the money on forwards and halves.

All the way down to Birch and Robson in under 20s, we have a heap of quality outside backs.

Robson is a current australian schoolboy and has a fair bit of the Mad Dog about him, so two years from now he might be fighting for a spot in firstgrade too.
 
Honestly how long does it take to sort this crap out with their manager, surely the boys could afford a decent barrister to get this done ASAP with the coin they will soon be on.
 
There is a lot of ridiculous stuff written in that article. I highly doubt any offer Newcastle offer Dane will blow Brisbane's out of the water. For starters we don't have the third party money they do and we already have a lot of our salary cap wrapped up in outside backs (and a lot more if we manage to re-sign the Mata'utias). One interesting thing about the article though was that Jacob chose to leave. I was under the impression he was forced out for Lamb/Cogger.

To me it's fairly obvious Gagai has already made his decision to go back to Brisbane (I.e. Bennett) but he's being careful about the way he's talking about it given he's still a Knight for another season.
Yeah Jacob got dropped midway through the season and never got back his spot. I find it funny how much they talk Jacob up in the article, I've never seen anything from him that suggests he'll be a good first-grader even.
 
Yeah Jacob got dropped midway through the season and never got back his spot. I find it funny how much they talk Jacob up in the article, I've never seen anything from him that suggests he'll be a good first-grader even.
His last game in NYC for us he played fullback and I thought he went well - but he was still our 4th choice fullback after Sione, Mamo, and Donovan.
 
Maybe its time for Kurt to be our Utility on the bench because after reading the interview with Mamo ,the first club that gives him a first grade spot he will be gone.
Then maybe next year Kurt goes and weve lost this kid when we need him . I think give him a first grade spot and keep him . IMO he will be better than Uate and that's saying something....
1 Mamo
2Uate
3Sione
4Bj
5McManus
14 Kurt

Time for the new brigade I think...
 
Let's be honest here.
If it wasnt for Bennett, Gagai wouldn't be here at the Knights.
When the Broncos released him, every club was chasing his signature.
Hasler even flew up the night to Brisbane before Gagai signed with the Knights and offered him a ridiculous amount of money.
 
Last edited:
From what I've heard that's pretty common practice for Des. How the Dogs haven't been caught for being miles over the cap I'll never know.


Also we probably need to know what the Mata'utias are doing before saying whether we think Gagai is expendable or not. For everyone saying "we don't need him" I'm sure you mean that under the presumption that the brothers will re-sign but that's certainly no sure thing at the moment. They signed letters of intent with another club so part of them is obviously prepared to go.
 
Last edited:
Been saying Gaigai will be a Bronco in 2016 as soon as Wayne left. But if Bennett was at the Broncos when Gaigai was sacked would he still have been sacked?
 
Personally I would rather us not throw a big offer to keep Gagai... If we can keep the mata's I'd like us to use gagai's money plus a paycut from Snowdens horrible contract to have a run at Warea-Hargraves... Exactly the type of player we need!
 
Well apparently the Roosters have the money to make a play for Taumololo. What this tells us is that the Roosters can and will do what they want, JWH will always stay at the Roosters because they'll always have the biggest offer for him
 
Raiders offered jwh close to $1m a season but pulled their deal when he didn't respond by their deadline.

Moot point anyway because even if j smith, gidley and gagai go, we won't have anything left over one we re-sign all the outside backs we don't need.
 
Well apparently the Roosters have the money to make a play for Taumololo. What this tells us is that the Roosters can and will do what they want, JWH will always stay at the Roosters because they'll always have the biggest offer for him

I read a couple of days ago (sorry, but, I can't remember where) that Taumalolo had knocked back some big offers to stay at the cowboys. Maybe [MENTION=1650]cowboyman[/MENTION] can add some light?
 
Back
Top