2012 NRL Player Rumours & Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers re-sign Blake Ayshford to 4 year deal

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...o-four-year-deal/story-e6frexnr-1226058699078

The 23-year-old's contract was due to expire at the end of next season but Ayshford put pen to paper today on a new deal that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2015 season.
Ayshford, made his NRL debut against Brisbane in 2009 and has scored 18 tries in 48 first grade games.
"I'm really pleased to have my future secure for the next few years as this club is like a family to me so I never wanted to go anywhere else," Ayshford said.
"We have a strong and pretty stable squad of players which looks likely to be the case for some time to come.
"It's also great news that Tim [Sheens] has re-signed too as he's been the only elite coach I've worked with."
 
eels sign Esi Tonga for 2012 for 2 years

Parramatta have bolstered their backline stocks for the next NRL season, securing young Gold Coast centre Esi Tonga on a two-year deal.
Forced out of the Titans by their purchase of Jamal Idris, Tonga joins Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts as the Eels recent signings.
The 23-year-old has been hampered by injuries in his young career, but has shown enough promise to catch the eye of Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney, who can see a bright future for the younger brother of Queensland Origin star, Willie.
Willie Tonga made his NRL debut for Parramatta back in 2002, and Esi said he was looking forward to bringing the family name back to the blue and gold.
"I was really impressed with the plan the Eels have moving forward and I feel I'll be able to play my best footy there," said Tonga.
"I want to thank the Titans - I've been with them since I was a young bloke coming into first grade.
"I'm hoping to take my footy to the next level and I feel like I'll have the best opportunity to do that at the Eels under Steve Kearney."
Kearney said the Tonga announcement, following on from securing Sandow and Roberts, showed the Eels were heading in the right direction.
"Esi is a dynamic outside back who can add a lot to our squad and we're looking forward to having him with us next year," he said.
"He's only young and had a bit of trouble with injuries last year, but has already shown he is a real threat out wide
 
Wrap up of some signings during the week and rumours!

Confirmed

Nate Myles > Titans (4 year deal)
Timana Tahu > Knights (2 year deal)
Esi Tonga > Eels (2 year deal)
Ben Roberts > Eels (2 year deal)

Re-signings

Blake Ayshford (Wests Tigers) 2015
Andrew Fifita (Wests Tigers) 2012
Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers) 2014
Dale Copley (Brisbane Broncos)
Dunimus Lui (Brisbane Broncos)
Albert Kelly (Cronulla Sharks) 2014

Rumours

Isaac De Gois > Sharks
Cameron Ciraldo > Sharks
Nathan Fien > Knights
Sam Tagataese > Sharks
Danny Buderus > Knights
 
Yeah I seen that Nathan Fien rumor somewhere else.
I think he wouldnt be too bad if we got bedsy back and de gois goes.
But then again if we keep Hilder we dont really need Fien.
 
Liam Fulton>Penrith
No source but Farah and Gibbs hint at it in there tweets. His definitely not at Wests next year and would make a good replacement for Waterhouse.
 
Two words Matt Orford
Low blow but Orford wasn't all that bad before he left to England but Tahu on the other hand ..

Haven't you guys been watching him for the past 2 seasons ? he brings more trouble than talent .
 
Low blow but Orford wasn't all that bad before he left to England but Tahu on the other hand ..

Haven't you guys been watching him for the past 2 seasons ? he brings more trouble than talent .

Four words.

'In Wayne We Trust'.

:D :D :D
 
Resigns -
Titans - Matt Sarma (Under 20's Hooker) - To Replace Friend Next Season
Titans - Greg Bird
Parramatta - Tim Mannah
Parramatta - Matt Keating
Rabbits - Dylan Farrell
Dragons - Dan Hunt
Roosters - Frank Paul
Tigers - Bryce Gibbs
 
Low blow but Orford wasn't all that bad before he left to England but Tahu on the other hand ..

Haven't you guys been watching him for the past 2 seasons ? he brings more trouble than talent .

That's harsh on Tahu. He was just starting to come good this season (admittedly, his last season at Parramatta was a different story) before sustaining his injury. Not needed by the Knights but definitely not a poor signing.
 
He was pretty good in the first half of 2010, he didn't make the Origin team for nothing, after all the dramas his form understandably went down. In 2011, he came to the Panthers a much less fit player that hadn't played FG standard for a while. Started off pretty average but warmed into it & started playing some good footy until his injury. A bit injury prone but is quality.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top