Tyson Frizell

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Ethan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

The club making sound recruitment decisions seems so strange compared to where we were a few years ago.

Imagine where we’d be if Hagan was still in charge of recruitment? Tariq Sims and Gagai would probably be on a million a year each.

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Is it possible for hundreds of thousands of people to lose their jobs overnight? Yes. In fact, it just happened.

Why are rugby league players any different to a bloke pulling beers at a pub. He has bills too, and a lot less cash to fall back on. If the revenue isn't there you can't pay them.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

The players recognise this is unprecedented and if they want the NRL to survive I am sure, they will see reason if there is no other option.

The players have it in their contracts that if there is a drop in revenue their contracts can be adjusted.

The higher earners should have plenty of money or assets built up to be alright. I'm not sure we should be crying over the well off footy players having to dig deep to be honest.

Lefty, R_A and slotmachine like this.
  4. R_A

R_A Timana Tahu

Fair but there are also a tonne of toilers also who play more reserve grade who will basically be unable to play for the rest of the year.

5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

Where did I say anything about the toilers?

There is a bunch of fringe first graders and players on very low deals that are going to hurt from this, just like the hundreds of thousands laid off recently due to it also.

6. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Gardner said this when asked if the salary cap going down would stop the Tyson signing,

"If the salary cap comes down next year, everybody comes down commensurately with it," Gardner said.

"So the rules will stay the same. We'll only be able to spend whatever the cap is but if the cap changes and comes down, all the player payments will go down by that percentage. So it doesn't matter where Tyson is as far as our deal with him goes because he will be impacted exactly the same. That would be across the board."

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We don't know what will happen next year, and now is the worst time to be speculating on it.
    We are pretty close to the worst of this crisis with a bit of luck, and by next year it might all be a funny story to tell the grandkids.

8. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

Tyson already said the move isn't for money, but to a team he believes is in a better position to challenge for a title. I'd be very surprised if he stays with St George. Another team may swoop in with some legal wrangling and get him to them though.

But I don't believe that will happen.

9. Lefty

Lefty Todd Bates

Retired
    Towards the bottom of the article below, it says Tyson’s contract with the Knights has been approved by the NRL (YAY!) and there is talk he with be in Newcastle before the end of the season.

Who your NRL team will play twice in 2020 A sneak peek into the 2020 NRL draw, as the governing body prepares to finalise the schedule.
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-play-twice-in-2020-20200510-p54rkb.html?btis

packo likes this.
  10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    That article has so much made up stuff and speculation the lurker would be proud.

11. Owey

Owey Graeme Foster

If the article is close to who everyone plays twice, it would **** for the Broncos being a glamour club. They'd be playing evyones tips for the top 4 twice!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

12. cowboyman

cowboyman Tony Butterfield

Hospitality
    Top 5*:p

13. Owey

Owey Graeme Foster

True

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

14. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
  15. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    The Gerringong Lions junior's retention was due reward following an outstanding 2019 campaign

Didn't think any of the Dragons went that well lol!

Lord of the Skraelings and packo like this.