THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

Francis runs some of the most insane lines i've seen. In my opinion he has to stay as a starter on an edge, it's almost tough to move him from the left, his combo with Sharpe is nuts. But Lucas back at full strength is undeniable on the left.
Sounds crazy to say it, but I think Lucas stays on the bench next year if we're full strength. Or goes back to the centres!
 
Francis runs some of the most insane lines i've seen. In my opinion he has to stay as a starter on an edge, it's almost tough to move him from the left, his combo with Sharpe is nuts. But Lucas back at full strength is undeniable on the left.
Francis has to stay on the left. Lucas or Mcewan to the middle
 
Francis has to stay on the left. Lucas or Mcewan to the middle
Yep to me this game highlighted the importance of a wrecking ball middle or two.

Manuleleua and Lucas are fantastic hole runners leave them on the edges and put McEwen in the middle. He loves running at faces, not spaces.

I know he’s great on the edge too but of the three of them, I think he’s best suited to the middle. We’ve seen them there and they’re not as good. Plus, you’re wasting their greatest skill, hitting holes

Think McEwen would love it too, we saw him take on Leota. I think he’d relish the opportunity to go against other top props
 
Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed with emotion right now?

I am super proud of the club don’t get me wrong but watching a club who has star studded rep squads (men/women) celebrate with their trophies and poor tired old Newcastle left heartbroken and with nothing.

There’s a strong reality we don’t get back here for another 25 years. Maybe that’s just my current mood talking but I just don’t know how I’m getting over this anytime soon.

Emotionally, I’m probably TOO invested in this club but it’s really hard to pull back…

Apologies for the emotional rant. I know all Newy fans are feeling similar right now
 
Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed with emotion right now?

I am super proud of the club don’t get me wrong but watching a club who has star studded rep squads (men/women) celebrate with their trophies and poor tired old Newcastle left heartbroken and with nothing.

There’s a strong reality we don’t get back here for another 25 years. Maybe that’s just my current mood talking but I just don’t know how I’m getting over this anytime soon.

Emotionally, I’m probably TOO invested in this club but it’s really hard to pull back…

Apologies for the emotional rant. I know all Newy fans are feeling similar right now
Ok to feel that way mate. But there’s a lot of logic in our collective belief we’ll be back very soon.
 
Don’t really know how to process that game. The scoreline says it was a heartbreaker but it was as one-sided as it gets. An absolutely clinical performance by the Roosters as a team, with two of the best individual performances you’ll see from Tedesco (at least statistically) and Whyte. Dominated in every category. Outside backs completely shut down. Yet it was a one-point loss on the back of two very arsey tries from Nawaqanitawase (I know it’s his specialty, not attempting to discredit them).

We can’t just pat ourselves on the back and expect to waltz back into a deep finals run or top four finish. The team clearly has an incredible amount of resiliency which is a great starting point, but they need to improve fundamentally to make sure they’re back in this position in the first place. Valiantly defending their line while any team with half decent middles rolls down the field at will is not a winning formula.
 
What a night. A ****ing tough one at that. I had to console an inconsolable daughter, trying to explain she’s only been waiting 17 years, I’ve been waiting 25.
I can’t believe the effort and belief in each other these boys have. The Roosters showed up to play and didn’t back off for 80mins like professionals do, they dominated us everywhere. I hope they acknowledge our efforts. While they dominated us, they beat us by 1.
I kept telling my daughter, we will be back next year after this, we’ve had a taste and we know we’re more than good enough.
I guarantee, when GF tickets are released next year, I’ll be buying as I truly believe it’s ours next year.
 
Back
Top