THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

They were camped in our half for 90% of the game, bombed Greg all night and got 1 single try out of it off some soccer skills from Mark. Gregs fine.
That ball could have gone anywhere, considering it came off both of his feet. The one that hit the goal post could have gone anywhere, but it landed perfectly for the Roosters; the kick through was screaming towards a Knights 7 tackle set until it stood up an inch from the goal line...that's footy.

Kudos to Holbrook, who pulled every string he could to bring this home.
 
I'll just leave this here, they had all the ball, all the running, everything went their way and the only way they were able to beat us was from 2 fluke trys, a BS high shot which gave them the lead.....

We should all be extremely proud of this team who fought for absolutely everything with a depleted squad.
 
So sad knowing how much this game meant to so many people in the Hunter region and yet I can't stop feeling like in many ways we did win.

Roosters fans will walk away happy with another premiership but neutral fans will walk away having watched what was in my opinion one of the best grand finals in the past decade.

Newcastle had no right to be in that game until the dying seconds and yet still we fought for everything, and I don't think a single player would've walked off that field without having given it everything.

I watched the game from the Happy Wombat in town last night, and what I can say is that after the match there was alot of emotion, my brothers and I all embracing in tears at fulltime. Everyone was completely overwhelmed from the run we've been on. After the emotion wore off, King St, Hunter St and all around the city was still a party atmosphere, people were laughing, cheering and waving their flags like we'd won.

I truly believe this team is capable of special things and with the overwhelming support they got in this finals run, I can't even begin to imagine how much bigger it will be on their next finals run.
 
Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not but I just heard on the Bloke in a Bar podcast that Roosters made more tackle breaks and more post contact metres last night than when they beat the Cowboys 82-12... And we only lost by a single point. F**king unbelievable effort by the boys.
 
Back
Top