THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

Police just said there is no question of malicious intent. He was driving erratically and lost control.

driving ban for life sounds appropriate to me
Aye, he did not have the mens rea for the act but drove in a reckless manner surrounded by public. Still potentially condemned to decades in prison depending on how they wish to take each count of injury.
 
“is known to police” means he is a piece of **** and it’s not a whoopsie moment. I’ll hide the key.
Usually means known by police, probably charged with offences but under 18yo so not served time but continues to carry on in a juvenile manner with parents that can’t control him or can’t be bothered.
He will continue his life without a worry unlike his victims that surviving is just the start of a long drawn out recovery both physically and mentally.
Were others in the car, passengers have to accept responsibility for bad driving behaviour, they should be telling the driver to slow down and look out for others.
I see so much bad road behaviour, in most cases the burn out or mad acceleration is performed for a minute or so, no police in attendance, no crash or injuries occur and life goes on but some finish up badly like this one.
 
It's personal and nothing to do with this forum, but since our last success in 2001, both my grandparents on Dad's side and more recently (2023) Dad himself, all huge Knights supporters, all have passed away. All will be there in spirit tomorrow night, cheering and pushing them on as they always did. Before leaving Perth on Thursday night, I grabbed Dad's and my grandfather's wedding rings and they will be represented with me in the stands.

I'm sure we all know dedicated Knights supporters who are no longer with us who would have absolutely loved seeing the team in the Grand Final again, and as much as tomorrow is about the club and supporters who are alive now, a part of it is also for those we have lost along the way. For me, tomorrow is just as much about my dad and grandparents as it is about myself, the Knights, the supporters, and Newcastle.

Whatever the result, I'm so proud of this club and the players, and I'll be shedding tears of both happiness and sadness if we manage to get the win.

This time tomorrow, it's all over, regardless of the result. 24 hours from now, there's a chance we could be holding up the premiership trophy, and that is an amazing thought, considering where we were 12 months ago.

Bring it home, boys.
UP THE KNIGHTS!
 
It’s nice hearing all these stories about how much it means to people on this forum and their families.

Being from the UK, I’m first generation Knights but, as I’ve mentioned previously, my daughter is in Oz at the moment. I did pack her up with a Knights jersey and have told her to get to a pub tomorrow for the game!
 
Last edited:
Just in case everyone isn't pumped up already:

1000008632.jpg
 
Apparently Holbrook looking to start diesel. Guys got balls the size of elephants. Good call I reckon.
Good ploy if Hagan does start. Those big forwards will be running at him and not Smith.
Last week Sharpe did all the defending while Smith did all the attacking. When Crossland left the field. This week Sharpe and Smith will both be attacking, looking forward to it.
Go the Knights.
 
Our Town. Our Team. Our Time.


I was 5. The last weekend of September. I was in my backyard. I had my Knights jersey on, some handmade red and blue shorts my mum had made me and striped socks. I was running, footy in hand.

I ran, and with one hand I placed the ball on the ground next to the clothesline (Newcastle), ran and jumped (have won), both hands raised triumphantly in the air (the Grand Final).

I did it again. And again. And again.

I didn’t know how to deal with the emotions, the happiness, but I’d just seen my new hero do that, and he looked pretty happy. How good is this feeling. How bloody good is Darren Albert. How good are the Newcastle Knights.


This week, I saw some kids in their jerseys at the park, playing a 1 on 1 game of footy. I hope to see them there, Monday morning, replicating an iconic moment from a Newcastle Knights 2026 Premiership game.

Will they be sprinting away and celebrating after an intercept like Sandon Smith. We know there’s going to be a sneaky quick tap involved.

Will they be doing a Ponga step and celebrating with his signature fist pump.

Will they be sporting mullets, flowing in the wind as they tear downfield after scooping up at dummy half and leaving the markers for dead.

Will they give a trademark Best or Gagai fend?

Will they be dreaming of a Grand Final NRL debut?

Maybe all of the above.

One thing I know, it could be a day they’ll never forget.





OUR TOWN.

The people. The fans. The diehards. Those that were there for the 88 foundational team. The new generation. Everyone in between.

12,000 fans packed out the stadium for a training run.

They purchased 2/3rd of the tickets to the Preliminary Final.

They sold out the Grand Final.

They sold out the Stadium Livesite.

This town bleeds red and blue.

Holbrook understands this town. He played for this town. He knows what it means, what it takes, what you need to do when you pull on the jersey. He took this squad into the depths of a coal mine. Perhaps as a town we have shifted to be more than that, but there’s no better starting place to see the hard work and camaraderie - the foundations this town is built on.

He showed them what they need to do to dig deep, pun intended.

But it’s not just for the Hi Vis wearing, black dust faced coal miners. This one’s for everyone. This is for the foundation supporters. This is for the new generation. This is for those that suffered through the dark times. This is for the thousands that lined the street. This is for everyone that has celebrated and supported this club, and those that are no longer with us to do so.

This is for our people.
This is for our town.





OUR TEAM.

This is a team we are proud of. No matter the result, this team has given us joy, heart stopping moments, heart racing moments but most importantly, they’ve given us hope.

This team is Newcastle.

During the week, we’ve heard a lot about DNA. (If you haven’t, checkout Backstage - Matty and Joey). The Newcastle DNA. Work Hard. Never give up. And just like the 1997 team - they took that, and have added their own unique style.

The foundations are there. Hard work. Grit. Resilience.

Whether it’s the 20 year old leading our forward pack fearlessly with bravery beyond his years.

Our backs clocking hundreds of metres working the ball tirelessly out of our end.

But we have our own DNA. We play our way. And it is good.

We have locals. Locals that dreamt of playing for the Knights and now they are living that dream. Local players that importantly don’t think pulling on the red and blue is end game. It’s the beginning. They want, they need to deliver a premiership. They need to bring it home. Now they have a chance to inspire a new generation, while inspiring the old.

This is a team we can get behind.

This is our team.





OUR TIME.

In the last iteration of Brem’s gameday ramble, I touched on things I think you need to win a Premiership. We ticked all the boxes.

A few things have fallen our way, yes. But that’s because we worked hard, dug deep, played good footy and made them fall.

And a whole heap of things have fallen against us, but we have found a way through it, and when that fails, we find another way.

We won’t die wondering what could have been. This team will reflect on their success this season, on Monday. Their job is not done yet.

The theme of this final series mindset has been summed up by a few things.

Justin Holbrook - grinning like a Cheshire Cat after beating Penrith. He is so excited for this game. His mindset is excited to have this opportunity. I’m sure this rubs off on the players.

Dane Gagai. Picked the Rabbitohs best player and said, let’s go. After the game - “3 games to go”. When quizzed after the Warriors game about his time at Newcastle - “2 games to go”.

Emotion. The fans. The old boys. Our captain. They want this so bad.

Now we are at the final game - and I know, they’ve had eyes on this prize for a long time. They’ve had the belief. They know they can win this thing. Everybody else may have written them off, many continue to, but this team knows that this is the start of something great.

This could be the start of their own dynasty.

This could be their time.

This could be our time.

❤️💙❤️💙



Regardless of the result tonight, Thankyou. Thankyou for giving us something to believe in, for giving us hope. Thanks for giving us a team we can look forward to watching. To line the streets for. I really hope we get this done.

Enjoy the game everyone.
Stay safe out there today.
 
Back
Top