The Cricket Thread

Australia declared for 4/659. That was the definition of a captains knock but i wished Clarke went for the world record, it would have been nice for an Australian to hold it.

Last edited:
India will need to bat for as long as possible, 7 maidens in a row... Really? It's so boring. Hope they at least play a few more shots than today.

I was hoping Clarke went for the record too, he wasnt far off it either. But at the same time i can see why he didnt.

I have no idea why he didn't!!! It was there for the taking.

But I'm glad he didn't though ... he isn't in Lara's class, it would have been a shame if it had been taken off Lara.

But I'm glad he didn't though ... he isn't in Lara's class, it would have been a shame if it had been taken off Lara.
I think he could of easily made 400, but he made the sensible decision of declaring to give Australia the chance to win. A draw would of made it a wasted test.

Although I agree, I think he has the potential to be if he keeps it up. The captaincy has done wonders for his game.

I would have preferred him to flail the bat until he got out to get some runs and maybe get to 400, considering he was seeing it like a beach ball out there.

I think he could of easily made 400, but he made the sensible decision of declaring to give Australia the chance to win. A draw would of made it a wasted test.

Weren't there still almost two and a half days left when he declared?

It's not going to take that long to bowl India out. He could have easily batter until stumps today.

Although I agree, I think he has the potential to be if he keeps it up. The captaincy has done wonders for his game.

I would have preferred him to flail the bat until he got out to get some runs and maybe get to 400, considering he was seeing it like a beach ball out there.

He'll never be in Lara's class although is becoming a teriffic player, some of the strokes he played yesterday in particular were Mark Waugh-esqe and that's about as good as batting gets for mine.
The declaration was maybe early but a pretty bold decision good on him the result is more important than personal milestones.

Was anyone watching the darts and saw that Australian darts player who looked just like Brett Lee except with a mullet?

James Pattinson has been ruled out for the remainder of the tests against India, which means Harris is likely to be his replacement

Weren't there still almost two and a half days left when he declared?

It's not going to take that long to bowl India out. He could have easily batter until stumps today.
I posted this when there were around 8 maidens in a row, anything could have happened! India to win needed to bat for as long as possible, in that case they did quite a terrible job. They only lasted a day!

Why's Pattinson ruled out?

He didnt want to look selfish as the new captain by possibly risking the test I guess, they were also talking about forecasted showers for day 4 which never come around anyway. He probably thought better to be safe than sorry.

Like a lot of fast bowlers that are young they get stress fractures and he's developing one in his foot.

Interesting Pattinson was going to be rested for Perth anyway according to Cricket Australia.

As for Clarke, it's known to all here I dislike him. Was a superb knock but being at the game it was piece of cake to bat on and India were terrible in the field. I'd expect nothing less from an experienced player not to make a big score.

The whole declaring thing bugs me more that he didn't go for the record. If he got it, I'd hate that he was above the likes of Lara etc but to pull up short is more of a 'let me win the public over by showing I'm not selfish' sort of thing.

It was definitely a public relations declaration. I can't believe how much praise he's got for it! I'm sure in NZ we'd all be saying he blew a 400.

Not much is better than seeing the Aussies flog this mob of whingers by an innings and 100-plus. On Clarke he really should have went for the 400, i doubt he will get another chance like that.

Was anyone watching the darts and saw that Australian darts player who looked just like Brett Lee except with a mullet?

Yeah I'm positive I posted this somewhere. It's ridiculous

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

It was definitely a public relations declaration. I can't believe how much praise he's got for it! I'm sure in NZ we'd all be saying he blew a 400.

I think the next people to be worried about a Kiwi getting 300+ will be our great great grandchildren.

Back