The Cricket Thread

I don't hear much mention of Watson anymore ... I know he's injured right now, but had his form dropped off? For a while he was your top batsman for sure.

Gosh India have been poor so far in this series!!!

The question with him is what's his match fittness gunna be like? I think personally he has lost his Opening spot although i would still love to see him back in the side!!

The question with him is what's his match fittness gunna be like? I think personally he has lost his Opening spot although i would still love to see him back in the side!!

He does average 43.67 as a test match opener, which has got to count for something. That's over three years, as well. I'd have him straight back in opening the batting, even if he can't bowl.

He does average 43.67 as a test match opener, which has got to count for something. That's over three years, as well. I'd have him straight back in opening the batting, even if he can't bowl.

Not if Warner and Cowan are in form as well as Marsh. IMO he will batt down the order. but who do you drop for him?

How amazing is Pattinson? I've got a really good vibe about him. He is aggressive and puts the ball in the right spot consistently.

How amazing is Pattinson? I've got a really good vibe about him. He is aggressive and puts the ball in the right spot consistently.
Patto is an awesome player!!!! Got a big career ahead of him!

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Also thats the end of Johnsons career!

Hilarious moment in the NZ 20-20 league just now, Martin Guptill smashed a six into the commentators area where Craig McMillan took the catch while commentating! :lol:

Hopefully someone puts it on youtube!

Hilarious moment in the NZ 20-20 league just now, Martin Guptill smashed a six into the commentators area where Craig McMillan took the catch while commentating! :lol:

Hopefully someone puts it on youtube!
That's amazing :lol:

In no way is Johnson out of contention when he is back to full fitness. I see him as a player who wins games by himself and is also recently become very handy with the bat.

Heh, the lady it shows in the crowd is McMillan's wife, earlier on in the game someone had hit it near her and she had run for cover! :lol:

On the issue of Johnson; I guess that's part of the package of being a 'slinging' bowler. You generate a helluva lot of swing and speed but the accuracy and consistency is just so hard to get right. He's a strike bowler for sure and Australia's most dangerous at the moment, but he's also the most inconsistent. He wont' ever cement a spot in the side until he fixes it. The fact that Pattinson has really stood up also doesn't help the fact. I really rate him.

AS FOR CLARKE; what a guy. WHAT A GUY.

Good effort from Ponting too.

Clarke and Ponting, talk about stand and deliver! What an innings by both. Wouldnt mind betting Hussey nails a century tommorow aswell!

The best thing about it was that in the post innings interview he was still talking about it as if he was still focused on the win, rather than his own total.

Back