Round 9: Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a tough task for mine hope we can get it done. Dragons will murder us week after though.

We come up against the dragons and then the roosters.

We really need to put the game against the dogs away, and build from these three weeks leading in to the bye.

If we get belted by the dragons and roosters, then have the bye, our momentum built over the last two weeks will be lost.

I expect them to beat the dogs, and at the very least put up a good fight against the dragons and roosters.

Rule of thumb is you don't let the same team beat you twice. That is just not on in the league world. Hopefully beat both dogs and dragqueens. Then put up a really good contest with the roosters and be in a position to win. That will show the last 2 weeks aren't flukes.

If we play with the same skill and enthusiasm from now on , We could beat anyone. Play like we have been and i reckon we will get the doggies and Saints and win them and we will rattle anyone after that ..

Bit of a risk that they start to believe their own hype, but we should be beating the Dogs this weekend if we're fair dinkum.

We should be beating St George as well; it's not as if it's in Wollongong, it's in Mudgee. No Norman, no Widdop, no Sims, no de Belin. We're at or should be near full strength.

We nearly beat the Dragons in Round 4 after playing about 30 minutes of decent football. If we can put a good 80 minutes together we can definitely get them especially with Norman and possibly Frizell out. We have an 8 day turnaround from the Dogs to the Deagons which will help too.

Then we have a short turnaround to the Chooks at home. That’s when we’ll get pumped.

Shouldn’t underestimate the Bulldogs though. They’ll be looking to get one up on Klemmer and Cogger and Meaney will be keen to have big games.

That's a lot of travel and a 6 day turn around.
Probably all recovery sessions and not much training.
Hope players and coaches aren't complacent.

i dont get this whole travel issue, newcastle to brisbane is quicker then a bus ride to moore park.

The magic round will probably be pretty well organised with good accommodation booked a year ahead for all teams and training facilities sorted out as well, so it should be one of our better away trips, with a lot of effort from the organises going into making it run smoothly.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...ow-for-newcastle-knights-in-auckland/?cs=2503

The Kurt Mann Hooker experiment is over for now. He will be sharing 5/8 with Watson when Watson gives Levi a spell.
I imagine Mann will also be injury cover for outside backs.
I don’t like it, not that I’m a fan of Mann at any position really but I really don’t like moving Watson from 6 to 9 then back again. I’d be shocked if we don’t go to the market for a 5/8 for next season.

As for this game if we’re off our game they’ll get us, the Dogs are like we were 2 years ago, underestimated every week but they’ll be up for the fight because every win is like a GF.

Very important we win this well to go into the Dragons clash with big momentum from three straight. IMO the next two games are just won for us because the next three will be difficult to get anything from them.

In the NRL you dont ever get the chance to relax and rest on your laurels.

If they are only a little off their game they will find themselves in trouble again.

Just reading the bulldogs forum man those fans are something else all they care about is Napa knocking Klemmer out or hoping he gets an ACL injury. Doggeis have the lowest form of supporters no wonder everyone hates them.

Same side as last week has been named.
Ramien named at number 21

1 Ponga
2 Lee
3 Hunt
4 Sione
5 SKD
6 Watson
7 Pearce
8 Klemmer
9 Levi
10 DSaf
11 Fitz
12 Barnett
13 Glasby

14 Mann
15 Herman
16 Gavet
17 King

18 Lino
19 Saulo
20 Buhrer
21 Ramien

Last edited:
Just reading the bulldogs forum man those fans are something else all they care about is Napa knocking Klemmer out or hoping he gets an ACL injury. Doggeis have the lowest form of supporters no wonder everyone hates them.
They’re more grubby than their team tbh. Hope we flog them to make them b*tch and moan even more.

Back