Round 7 - Knights V Panthers - Saturday 15 April 5:30pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

I hope your right looking forward to seeing them up here in Townsville next Saturday hopefully it cools off cause it's been hot as **** up here lately
I just checked. 29 degrees expected next weekend in Townsville. The heat will impact us I'd imagine. I don't think we've had much joy up there over the years, but this year, I'm confident we'll have a crack in most games, and kickin' sand in the Cowboys eyes next weekend will be a great start, and a fantastic feather in our caps.
 
Unfortunately I think we will watch him make the attack clunky next week too. He won’t have to, but I think he will take over/team sits back and waits for him because he’s the chosen one.
At the moment we’re playing with heart and soul, not half arsed play filling in time with a flash of brilliance here and there.
I hope I eat my words next week… please make me eat my words next week 🙏
I hope you are force fed those words mate, all due respect.
 
The penalty against us for when cleary got hit high is ********
Cleary fell

Next time we should just all slide into tackles and milk penalties like cleary
 
Played today so had to watch on a delay. Gutted by the finish, but massively enthused by the effort.

I've been super critical on here of both Crossland and Mann, but thought they were both excellent today. Not being influenced by Crossland's try, but his (usually) huge effort actually showed up in impact for 60 minutes today. In the past he's been guilty of making a big number of tackles that are mostly super inefficient. This was the best I've ever seen him defend in the middle, until he was totally gassed in the last 20, and his service from 9 was good.

Mann was great as a ball carrier and defending (with one notable exception). Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep it up - seems to get physically busted over the season and tail off...
 
I'm really gutted we lost that. Yes we put in the effort but we needed that result.

When we knocked on during the kick off in the second half I just had this feeling the night wasn't going to end well.

Sh*t ref calls too didn't help - just watching the press conference AOB was saying if the "hair pull" was a penalty, the whole team should just grow their hair long :lol:
 
Unfortunately I've heard it all before, would be happy to be proven wrong though.
I've seen a similar toughness building from an O'Brien side before back in 2020, I think one of the games that really showed it was that win against the Roosters at home that one night. Then I think the team got a bit cocky and lost their way.

But the big difference here is that this team's style is far more up-tempo in moving the ball around and trying things. As long as they don't get cocky, we can beat a lot of teams. There was some toughness in 2020, but we were a grinding low risk team, that kind of play doesn't beat the top teams in the modern game.
 
Heartbreaking loss, but I was absolutely expecting Riff to put 50 on us. To go down by a point, against the back-to-back reigning premiers, is pretty incredible. The boys put in effort for the 80, despite injuries to the squad etc. Obi and the lads should be proud of that showing.
 
I just checked. 29 degrees expected next weekend in Townsville. The heat will impact us I'd imagine. I don't think we've had much joy up there over the years, but this year, I'm confident we'll have a crack in most games, and kickin' sand in the Cowboys eyes next weekend will be a great start, and a fantastic feather in our caps.
Yeah it's been awhile since we've had a win up here it would be nice if they win for once and not have to put up with some of the Muppets up here carrying on especially when I'm there with my young kids
 
Huge effort riddled with some silly mistakes but very pleased with close score. Expected like most to be well beaten by Penrith, some on here thought at half time that a win was coming and therefor have vented anger at end result but the effort was there until the end, watching the game I was nervous, up tight, anxious but I enjoyed it
 
In the game before against Warriors we moved the ball to gagai and then to best next hitup.
Today we only kept going through the middle
 
Gamble was brilliant

Ponga must start. We need his goal kicking.
That score line would have been a lot more with Ponga at 6.

Don't get me wrong, Ponga can out class Gamble with his game play at times but he sure as hell can't out mongrel Gamble.

It Is going to be very Interesting to see how we go with Ponga back at 6, I'm honestly dreading It.
 
All you guys saying Ponga should start on the bench are delusional YES Ponga made the attack clunky last season at time because he took over… but can you blame him he literally had to take over, we had Clifford, Clune and Randall in the spine and Ponga had to carry the attacking load all by himself. Ponga is world class and will only make us better, put Gamble at 13 or 14.
The worry Isn't Ponga mate, the worry Is those around him.
 
I've seen a similar toughness building from an O'Brien side before back in 2020, I think one of the games that really showed it was that win against the Roosters at home that one night. Then I think the team got a bit cocky and lost their way.

But the big difference here is that this team's style is far more up-tempo in moving the ball around and trying things. As long as they don't get cocky, we can beat a lot of teams. There was some toughness in 2020, but we were a grinding low risk team, that kind of play doesn't beat the top teams in the modern game.
I think that was 2019 mate, under Browny, who was the king of mouthing off like we’d just won the comp after every win.

In 2020 we belted Canberra and might have gotten a bit ahead of ourselves then too though considering the inconsistency which followed.

We’re yet to have a win where we just beat the breaks off someone for the full 80 - which I think will happen. Will be interested to see the effort levels in the next game after that.
 
Back
Top