Round 7 - Knights V Panthers - Saturday 15 April 5:30pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

I’m filthy at the Gagai dissent penalty given the way Penrith mouth off at the ref every minute of the game, and the Luai hair pull call was annoying, but: complete even five sets in the first twenty minutes of the second half and we win that. Had them rattled. Let them back into it and then we were gassed from all the defending on our own line we had to do.
 
The other problem is that Kalyn and Jackson don't kick goals any better than Lachie does.
Don’t get it twisted, Lachie is the third best of those three and Jacko is the best. Hastings kicks above 75% for his career. Once his leg is recovered, we won’t exactly have Adam Reynolds, but the goalkicking will be acceptable.
 
I’m filthy at the Gagai dissent penalty given the way Penrith mouth off at the ref every minute of the game, and the Luai hair pull call was annoying, but: complete even five sets in the first twenty minutes of the second half and we win that. Had them rattled. Let them back into it and then we were gassed from all the defending on our own line we had to do.

Apparently he only said FMD and it wasn't directed at the ref but Spencer said WTF was that for when he got marched directly to the ref.
 
All you guys saying Ponga should start on the bench are delusional YES Ponga made the attack clunky last season at time because he took over… but can you blame him he literally had to take over, we had Clifford, Clune and Randall in the spine and Ponga had to carry the attacking load all by himself. Ponga is world class and will only make us better, put Gamble at 13 or 14.
 
Still a team that has played very little footy together. I cannot fault our effort whatsoever, and those poor buggers tried their hearts out. We will rattle and roll plenty of sides this year.
We could have gone from 11th to 4th today. That hurts.
I'm one proud Novacastrian, and I'm pretty certain there'll be heaps of goal kicking practice at training this week.
Ponga off the bench for mine. At least for this next game.
 
Usually when the Knights go toe to toe with a top side like this, they follow it up with an absolute garbage performance agaisnt a lower ranked side, that's why 'the heart being there' or 'a solid effort' is irritating to hear, cos it's the same thing we've heard 100 times before & the team just spins it's wheels for another season with the expectation to be 'better' next year.
I used to be more optimistic after games like this but the last time the Knights were legitimately good, I was still a teenager & I'll be 40 in a couple of years.
 
I thought Mann was our best player, not something I would have had money on pre-game.

Hetherington was super disappointing considering the injuries to middle players
 
Back
Top