Round 24: Knights v Cowboys @ EnergyAustralia Stadium

De Gois had the best game I've ever seen from him, it was as good as Buderus in his absolute prime!

I really hope Lulia is fit for next week, was not convinced by Uate again ... can't believe he just let Thurston score the Cowboys first try like that!

Awesome second half, but go to sleep like that against the top teams and we will get punished. Looks like we've got two weeks to fix that deficiency up until we play a top side in the finals.

Oh, and NQ took the loss about as well as Queensland in origin 3 ... once again showing what great sportsmanship abounds in that state. Trying to start all in brawls with seconds left, Watts going in round Gidley's throat ... dear oh dear.

All we need to do from now is work on our defense

We have the attack to threaten all the top teams, but if keep up our bad defense like in the first half, we will get big scores put on us

Brilliant game from Mullen as well, he proved he is well and truely over his injury now. Consistent throughout the whole 80 minutes as well ... of course he was quiet when we had no ball in the end of the first half, but when we had the ball he always menaced.

His defence was exposed once or twice, but it was excellent to see him expose Thurston in return!

I say stick with him and Rogers as halves for now, even if Dureau is fit. They're combining nicely, and it's getting too late in the season to change it.

Back