Round 24: Knights v Cowboys @ EnergyAustralia Stadium

Does anyone think Kurt over involves himself in the game too often. He wants to be involved in nearly every single play and he is the fullback. We have a very capable half in Mullen and Rogers and then we have De Gois at hooker. I personally think he over involves himself sometimes.

What a great win for the boys last night, that is the sort of performance you want going into the finals. Even at half time I thought we played quite well, the Cowboys put on some special tries + thurston's sneaky effort. So when you put everything in perspective, it was a tremendous effort. I think the biggest challenge for us will be to repeat that kind of performance away from home. We must win again next week in Canberra.

I hope Lulia is back next week as I still believe Uate is not a first grade footballer.

I thought Junior Sau & Cooper Vuna were outstanding. Every time we brought the kick return back they ran 100 miles an hour at the defence and those sorts of plays lift their team mates. They did it every set of 6 & it got us on the front foot so that De Gois and Mullen could produce their magic. In my opinion that is the key for us, strong running out of our red zone with quick play the balls for degois,gids & mullo to do their thing.

Rick Stone was asked on 2UE what he was going to change when we took over from brian smith & I remember very clearly that he said he felt we could tighten up our attack when coming out of our own territory. I think that has happened & it is working.

Does anyone think Kurt over involves himself in the game too often. He wants to be involved in nearly every single play and he is the fullback. We have a very capable half in Mullen and Rogers and then we have De Gois at hooker. I personally think he over involves himself sometimes.

Yeah, I think he tries too hard sometimes. He should play a more supportive type role.

does that mean you think jarryd hayne is over-involving himself for the eels aswell then? Kurt is one of our best players so the more he gets his hands on the ball the better

does that mean you think jarryd hayne is over-involving himself for the eels aswell then? Kurt is one of our best players so the more he gets his hands on the ball the better

Kurts a good player. But we have quality ball players and dont need another one. As for Jarryd Hayne, He is basically their go to man, they (The Eels) dont have the quality of ballplayers in the halves.

I agree. Gidley is way too involved in the play. He just needs to be at the right place at the right time. Hayne just knows where to position himself.

That's why he is good.

Hayne's positional play is suberb, but Gids plays a different role.

Hayne pops up towards the end of the game, conserves heaps before. Where as Gidley goes for the full 80.

You cant compare Kurt to Hayne, they are totally different players with different Skills and Gamestyles. Kurt doesnt have the natural ability and is just a great workhorse who is a safe as houses fullback that always puts in 100% for the full 80 minutes. Whereas Hayne is an Enigma, he has a freakish natural ability to read the play in the moment and come out with insane plays to make breaks and score tries, he doesnt involve himself in the game as much as Kurt does.

One of the best things Wes has done all season was when he closed the ball up in the final play of the game - showed good urgency there and made my seat a little more comfortable.

Newcastle's Adam MacDougall avoided sanction after being put on report for a high tackle on North Queensland's Travis Burns in the Knights' 32-26 win on Saturday.

NRL.com

So had this penalty resulted in us loosing the game some how, would we be able to apply for a concession?

It did get the crowd fired up though.

Another GREAT call from the referees. They do try their best, **** they are **** sometimes though.

It seems like our sport has the most poor refereeing decisions - oh possibly AFL, but their rules are shyte anyway. Not even gonna start with their game in general.

Another GREAT call from the referees. They do try their best, **** they are **** sometimes though.

It seems like our sport has the most poor refereeing decisions - oh possibly AFL, but their rules are shyte anyway. Not even gonna start with their game in general.

What about union? The refs in that sport are helped by the fact that nobody really knows the rules or why penalties are being given, so if the refs get it wrong then nobody knows.

Back