Round 22: Knights v Titans @ Skilled Stadium

It is gonna be a tough game. mini's back but they are still withiut the key roles. Rogers, Prince, Bailey etc.

Newcastle have the whole team basically - only chris rogers and wes naquaima are the BIG difference.

I think it will be knights by 4

Hey welcome.

Taia is pretty important too.

And you are talking about Chris Bailey right?
 
It is gonna be a tough game. mini's back but they are still withiut the key roles. Rogers, Prince, Bailey etc.

Newcastle have the whole team basically - only chris rogers and wes naquaima are the BIG difference.

I think it will be knights by 4

Hey Guys,

Im a massive Knights fan living in London. I have been reading your threads for ages and I thought it was about time i put in my 2 cents worth.

I think the this game isn't going to be as easy as everyone is saying, we are coming off a Monday night game and isnt there a terrible stat for winning teams playing in the monday night games losing the following week.

Welcome both. Great to have another one form the UK!

I was confident at the beginning of the week, but now that i look at it, it could be really tight. If we are on the ball, and NO UNNEEDED PENALTIES, we should be able to get them ,esp without their halves pairing.

Revised prediction: Knights 19 Titans 16
 
A strong in-form team against a struggling weaker team
My prediction Knights-38 Titans-14
 
Hey Welcome!!!

Wow another English Knights fan! You & Pommie Knight should get on fine :)

Are you originally from Australia or?

It will be tough this weekend, cant wait to see the boys play at Skilled, hopefully not in our grey jerseys though :(

Yeah Originally from Oz, im now living in the U.K and spreading the great word about the mightly Knights already got a few pommies on the supporters wagon.
 
Yeah Originally from Oz, im now living in the U.K and spreading the great word about the mightly Knights already got a few pommies on the supporters wagon.

Haha! Get em to join if they are really into them. We need more from Overseas :)
 
I'm going =]]]]
Sitting in the away supporter bay. And I have their itinerary.. lol. Like their flights, and where they're doing recovery and everything lol.

Super excited.
 
Smith happy with the return of Hilder

KNIGHTS coach Brian Smith reckons the return of underrated utility Matt Hilder will allow him to replace one tireless toiler with another.

Hilder has missed Newcastle's past five matches since breaking his left thumb in their 28-12 loss to Manly at Gosford on June 28. The Knights lost first-choice dummy-half Danny Buderus to a knee injury at the same time, only adding to Hilder's frustration.

But Hilder proved his fitness at training yesterday and will return against former club Gold Coast at Skilled Park on Monday night.

Smith named Hilder on the bench but said the 26-year-old trojan would spend plenty of time in the back row, helping offset the loss of workhorse lock Zeb Taia.

Taia tore the medial ligament in his left knee in the final 10 minutes of Newcastle's 32-12 victory over his old team Parramatta at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Monday and is at long odds to play again this season.

"Matty will be back to where he's been all year. He'll cover Beds [Buderus] if need be, but he'll play a bit of 13 for sure at some stage," Smith said.

"He's been a really important player in our season, and I think he's probably surprised everybody except himself.

"He's done a wonderful job for us and he's a very welcome addition back to our crew.

"Like Zeb, he has plenty of minutes in him, and his enthusiasm and his willingness he's the sort of player that volunteers when the chips are down have won him the respect of everyone at the Knights.

"I've had a lot of favourable comment from other people about him, just generally in the community, about how they didn't really know how good he was."

Hilder said he was keen to get back on the field, regardless of the opposition.

"It's not that I was desperate to come back for this game; I'm just keen to get back no matter who we were playing. It wouldn't have worried me too much if I missed this game," he said.

"They're missing a lot of players, but in saying that, they'll still get up for a pretty torrid game up there. They've always put in a good performance up there so we know it's going to be a tough one, but I think we're a better side and I think we can get them."

Hilder maintained his already superior fitness with strength and conditioning coach Mick Reid's rehab group but was glad to be back among the ranks of the hale and hearty.

"I'll just try to get out there, get a bit of energy into the team and try to lift the blokes with a bit of enthusiasm. That's probably my main role, and if I can get a few good tackles under my belt early, that will set me up for a good game, I hope," he said.

"The boys looked pretty sharp in attack the other night, but we've got to stay focused on our defence. We've been pretty good defensively all year, so we've got to keep that up, let the attacking boys do their job, and we should get a few more wins up."

Link
 
I'm glad it's a Monday, I can listen in (can't beat KOFM - Harley cracks me up - top team for rugby league, can we swap for Eddie and Stevo?).

Good to have you on board BH7. Do you go and watch the Quins? And are you keeping up with the kicking comp on the Super League Show? :D
 
Apparently Prince is to have a X-Ray Monday and MAY play!

If he does Mullo will make him his ***** AGAIN ;)
 
Last edited:
Apparently Prince is to have a X-Ray Monday and MAY play!

If he does Mullo will make him his ***** AGAIN ;)

Hope not. Any real source?

Meanwhile;

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright admitted he selected his side "for the sake of it" on Tuesday, suggesting there could be changes to his squad to face the Knights on Monday night.
 
If he plays I think we'll be in trouble, I'd really rather he was injured for just 1 more week. :p
 
Back
Top