Round 15: Newcastle Knights vs North QLD Cowboys

What is your prediction for this game ??

  • Knights 13+

    Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys 1-12

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cowboys 13+

    Votes: 2 9.5%

  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .
That was ugly but take the 2 points and move on.

The defence was very good though and our middles were impressive. Klem and Saifiti were outstanding and King was really good off the bench too.

Need to play Crossland at 6 next week with Randall on the bench.
 
Not sure mate but we'll be laughing at a shut out even if our team was crap in attack. Good luck with Lolo gone for the year.

Now now you said before the game you weren’t in the mood for our to and fro’s. Does the victory give you the courage also? :p

Him being out for the year is probably a good thing. No need to put him through carrying the pack for another few games when the seasons done. Get him rested and ready for next year.
 
Solid performance.

Attack still clunky which could be expected considering our defence focus and the conditions.

In hindsight the result didn’t look in doubt.

I assume OBI will be happy.

If we keep this up and do a bit more work on attack in the last couple of rounds I think we can do some damage in the finals.
 
The incredible performance is Crossland putting in 63 minutes and being our second highest tackler behind only Barnett.
The best skill that kid has is that he kicks the ball as far or further than Pearce, and we arn't even using that yet.
I don't know how we'll use him, but he's a keeper.
 
The incredible performance is Crossland putting in 63 minutes and being our second highest tackler behind only Barnett.
The best skill that kid has is that he kicks the ball as far or further than Pearce, and we arn't even using that yet.
I don't know how we'll use him, but he's a keeper.

He will definitely be named at 5/8
 
How good was Crosslands D?
Even took out Lolo.
I thought Mann's effort was great and helped us win.
I agree he isn't a 5/8 but he still easially outplayed Drinks.

Next week,
6-Crossland
9-Mann
14-Randall

Took out lolo by being 3rd man in around the legs? (Not illegal but that wasn’t a great tackle by any means)

His defence was good but there really wasn’t anything thrown at him. The forwards for the Cowboys were puss today lead by the most over payed prop in McLean.
 
How can we bo so poor attacking when our coach was the attack coach at the storm? We looked like tackle bots out there today. I'd rather watch a 40-24 game then a 6-0 grind. BORING! you put bad sides to the sword not a 12 point ball game. I don't see us doing well in the finals but time will tell I guess. You get 2 points for a win but it didn't really instill much confidence in me.
 
How can we bo so poor attacking when our coach was the attack coach at the storm? We looked like tackle bots out there today. I'd rather watch a 40-24 game then a 6-0 grind. BORING! you put bad sides to the sword not a 12 point ball game. I don't see us doing well in the finals but time will tell I guess. You get 2 points for a win but it didn't really instill much confidence in me.

Think the coach summed it up pretty well in the presser...
 
How can we bo so poor attacking when our coach was the attack coach at the storm? We looked like tackle bots out there today. I'd rather watch a 40-24 game then a 6-0 grind. BORING! you put bad sides to the sword not a 12 point ball game. I don't see us doing well in the finals but time will tell I guess. You get 2 points for a win but it didn't really instill much confidence in me.
I'll talk about the Elephant in the room.
Pearce is not playing well, and hasn't all year.
I say we get him a divorce.
Marriage might make him happy, but it's turned his footy to ****.
 
Think the coach summed it up pretty well in the presser...

What did he say?

As for the game, 12-0 against a poor team is just not good enough. Green gone is a disaster for us. Pearce just isnt good enough by himself.

How good is Mann. Effort on effort. Just not a 5/8.

I dont see us going far in the finals, just not enough points in us.

Time to roll the dice. Ponga to 5/8.
 
What did he say?

As for the game, 12-0 against a poor team is just not good enough. Green gone is a disaster for us. Pearce just isnt good enough by himself.

How good is Mann. Effort on effort. Just not a 5/8.

I dont see us going far in the finals, just not enough points in us.

Time to roll the dice. Ponga to 5/8.

Obi said he won’t be moving Ponga.
 
Back
Top