Round 15: Newcastle Knights vs North QLD Cowboys

What is your prediction for this game ??

  • Knights 13+

    Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys 1-12

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cowboys 13+

    Votes: 2 9.5%

  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .
Watched the replay and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I first thought. On another day we score 3 or 4 more tries and win by plenty. Forwards were great.
One of the disadvantages of watching live is the anxiety of maybe losing causing serious abuse pointed towards TV, referees and players just go back and read the comments made on here during play. Sometimes watching replays gives us a chance to reassess, rewind, check play, decisions etc. I personally try not to comment during play, stops me making an *** of myself or at least reduces the chances.
 
Im not too disappointed in the game Cowboys were gritty and we very easily could have had 4 or so more try's . We lost players so had a short bench . Its hard to play with depth and throw 15 m passes that hit the player where it needed in strong wind like yesterday .
Lino in for Green he's the same type of player and can kick goals in any conditions .
 
One of the disadvantages of watching live is the anxiety of maybe losing causing serious abuse pointed towards TV, referees and players just go back and read the comments made on here during play. Sometimes watching replays gives us a chance to reassess, rewind, check play, decisions etc. I personally try not to comment during play, stops me making an *** of myself or at least reduces the chances.
That’s it aye. I remember last year the game against the Warriors live at the ground it seemed like we got a bunch of calls against us, then I come home and watched the replay and we got he rub of the green massively.

We won ugly yesterday which isn’t such a bad thing.
 
Yeah we could of easily scored 2 or 3 more tries if not some good takes from the cows. As terrible as their handling was i thought they defended well, Hess in particular came up with a few try savers.
 
That’s it aye. I remember last year the game against the Warriors live at the ground it seemed like we got a bunch of calls against us, then I come home and watched the replay and we got he rub of the green massively.

We won ugly yesterday which isn’t such a bad thing.

I wouldn’t say we got the rub of the green massively that game.
The warriors did get unlucky having a try taken away but two of their tries came from forward passes and they were offside most of the game and getting away with murder in the ruck
 
One thing I’ve got to say is I have a huge criticism in pearces game.

his short kicking game near the line is perhaps the worst of any half in the comp. As supposedly a top 3 halfback in the competition and basically nsw best half for the last decade you’d think surely he’d have seen some element of development within this aspect of his game.

the poor attack and lack of shape in good ball is a concern but what is more of a concern is our inability to build pressure with repeat sets. I don’t have the stats but if anyone does I’d love to see where we/Pearce ranks for forced drop outs this year? I’m saying close to dead last.

we were lucky cows kept gifting us opportunities on their line through I’ll discipline but when he hit finals we need to be able to make the most of our opportunities in good ball as those stronger teams won’t gift them to us.

That’s why I think we need lino at 6. He’s got a handy short kicking game
 
One thing I’ve got to say is I have a huge criticism in pearces game.

his short kicking game near the line is perhaps the worst of any half in the comp. As supposedly a top 3 halfback in the competition and basically nsw best half for the last decade you’d think surely he’d have seen some element of development within this aspect of his game.

the poor attack and lack of shape in good ball is a concern but what is more of a concern is our inability to build pressure with repeat sets. I don’t have the stats but if anyone does I’d love to see where we/Pearce ranks for forced drop outs this year? I’m saying close to dead last.

we were lucky cows kept gifting us opportunities on their line through I’ll discipline but when he hit finals we need to be able to make the most of our opportunities in good ball as those stronger teams won’t gift them to us.

That’s why I think we need lino at 6. He’s got a handy short kicking game

equal 11th for forced drop outs..... strange that sides with one extremely dominant and representative quality halves like us roosters and manly are all so low? Perhaps to much pressure being applied by defenders knowing that who they’re dealing with majority of times on 5th tackle?
 

Attachments

  • 984E884A-8426-4868-9C41-F27165826C4D.png
    984E884A-8426-4868-9C41-F27165826C4D.png
    980.4 KB · Views: 292
Early on I thought Pearce was better with his kicks. Kind of fell away the longer the game went on, but it was an improvement. Also a fan of Mann kicking out of dummy half, he's got a decent short kicking game close to the line, if the guys around him are ready we should be getting repeat sets out of that.
 
Am I being too kind to Shiba or did he seek out Dunn for being offside which led to 10 mins in the bin? Would rather the points and on second watch it still looks awful. But he ran right at Dunn who was binned afterwards. It leveled the teams up with Pearce still off and gave us a 5 min advantage when he came back on.
 
I thought the same thing too and there was literally no one defending on the otherside of the field from memory to the point where a few cut out passes would have been more then enough to create a very healthy overlap.

But he was probably coached to take the penalty and likely sin bin rather then the uncertainty of other options without knowing what the defenders would do.
 
He said in the interview that he didn't look out wide , they ran the ball to there and he just thought keep on running it .
Thing is how much closer would he have got if Dunn didn;t tackle him because he was offside .
 
Back
Top