Robbie Farah - Do we need him? Can we afford him? Do we want him?

Farah isn't past it and adding him plus Hodkinson would be a dream for us to have the current NSW half and hooker would be incredible .....

Clydesdale is good but a chance to have Farah is too good to ignore, I think we should offer the Tigers Clydesdale as a swap deal, we will still have Levi for the future so all good on that count .....

If we want to be a premiership force next year we need to pull moves like this and grabbing Tolman, with Tigers taking up some of Farah's deal plus the money from Clydesdale if we swap I reckon we could get both Tolman and Farah ......

Unless we're to wait until our kids turn into stars we could be looking at another bottom four finish next year .....
 
Farah isn't past it and adding him plus Hodkinson would be a dream for us to have the current NSW half and hooker would be incredible .....

Clydesdale is good but a chance to have Farah is too good to ignore, I think we should offer the Tigers Clydesdale as a swap deal, we will still have Levi for the future so all good on that count .....

If we want to be a premiership force next year we need to pull moves like this and grabbing Tolman, with Tigers taking up some of Farah's deal plus the money from Clydesdale if we swap I reckon we could get both Tolman and Farah ......

Unless we're to wait until our kids turn into stars we could be looking at another bottom four finish next year .....

Yep I've got to agree. I actually can't stand the guy, he's got the biggest ego in the game but there's no doubting he is a quality player. I get really sick of hearing the same old dribble about keeping younger guys out of the side because hes "old". The same argument was said when Buderus came back but look how well we played with him. We aren't talking about Chris Houston here, this is a match winning player on his day. If we get him at a decent price our spine starts looking very competitive for next year, and players like Clysdale and Levi will learn heaps from him. Even if we can only keep one of them its worth it. He definitely wouldn't have the power he had at the Tigers so hopefully he would pull his head in too.
 
Souths and Titans have confirmed they WON'T be signing Farah. That pretty much leaves us or Super League by all reports.
 
I'm sorry but how in God's name are we in the 'likely' category. Actually, no need to answer that, we are linked to every player ever. :lol:
 
Yep I've got to agree. I actually can't stand the guy, he's got the biggest ego in the game but there's no doubting he is a quality player. I get really sick of hearing the same old dribble about keeping younger guys out of the side because hes "old". The same argument was said when Buderus came back but look how well we played with him. We aren't talking about Chris Houston here, this is a match winning player on his day. If we get him at a decent price our spine starts looking very competitive for next year, and players like Clysdale and Levi will learn heaps from him. Even if we can only keep one of them its worth it. He definitely wouldn't have the power he had at the Tigers so hopefully he would pull his head in too.

I don't remember anyone saying that when we re-signed Buderus. There was a bit of disappointment that we didn't/couldn't keep De Gois as well, but I don't recall anyone being against Bedsy coming back.

I think players with the attitude of Farah are part of the problem at the Knights at present, so I've got no idea why anyone would want to make it worse.
 
It's a no for me. He is declining and his origin commitments kill him. We needed someone to run the team around the park and I think that's Hodko. If it was someone like Mccuollough, Segeyaro, Peats, different story they are in their prime with years left.
 
Farah would be a different man at the Knights - more the type of player he is for NSW than the type he is for the Tigers.
He would still be a team leader and would get stuck into the forwards if they slacked off and would go for big plays when we were down etc, but he wouldn't be involved in all the backroom nonsense.

I don't think we will get him, but a spine of Farrah, Hodkinson and Mullen would make up for a lot of inexperience in other positions.
 
He's past his prime but works hard in defence and has the experience to guide the team down the field, similar to when Buderus came back to play for us, he wasn't the attacking player he'd been in the past but was invaluable in every other way.
 
He's still of the 5 best bookers in the comp, the current Blues Co captain and Tigers best

He had an injury riddled season and looked off his best this year because of it. But there should be no doubt that despite his age he'd still be close to the best player at the club if he were to play here in 2016
 
Any money he will go super league which is a shame as he's the best hooker in the Comp. Or at least in the top 5 with Luke, McCullough, friend and peats


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Robbie Farah looks set to leave Wests Tigers and NRL as clubs refuse to meet his price tag


In 3 hours
Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph


origin:video_integrator.1jYmg3dzqBlv5x9Mj4TiBh3MKr2eR8Bw

ROBBIE Farah is poised to be pushed out of Wests Tigers — and now the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the majority of clubs are refusing to chase Farah, who has been told by the Wests Tigers he is free to negotiate with rival teams for next season.

Parramatta, Penrith, Sydney Roosters, Manly, Canterbury, St George Illawarra, Souths, Cronulla, Canberra and Gold Coast all denied wanting Farah when contacted by The Daily Telegraph yesterday.

Farah was actually offered to some clubs a fortnight ago.

England’s Super League now seems a likely destination for Farah.

The Daily Telegraph understands powerful club Leeds has shown interest in Farah.

Farah has two years remaining on his current deal, each season worth $950,000.

Even if Wests Tigers pay $500,000 a year for Farah to walk, rival clubs may still baulk at having to pick up the extra $450,000 a season.

“Wests Tigers will have to spend $1m to save $1m,” said one CEO.

It seems Farah’s *****ly nature is turning clubs away.

The Daily Telegraph broke the Farah story exclusively online on Monday night.

Parramatta claimed to be uninterested in Farah, as was Cronulla, with Sharks coach Shane Flanagan saying:

“Not a chance, we’ve got Michael Ennis and young Fa’amanu Brown coming through.

“With all due respect, he (Farah) is a good player but we are fine in that (hooking) position.”

Farah had also been linked to Canberra. But not anymore.

“No, we are very happy with our hooker Josh Hodgson,” said Raiders CEO Don Furner.

“We hope Josh is a long-term player with us, but even if he wasn’t, we couldn’t afford anywhere near that kind of money for Robbie Farah.”

Souths was another to reject approaching Farah.

“We are happy with our hooking options for next year and we have no plans to make a play for Robbie Farah,” said a Rabbitohs spokesman.

Penrith boss Warren Wilson added: “No, we’re not interested.”

Roosters recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan said:

“No. With Jake Friend here, we couldn’t afford Robbie Farah.

“As simple as that.”

St George Illawarra say they would like to sign Farah but wouldn’t have the necessary funds.

Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley revealed:

“Our coach Neil Henry is already on the record saying that we well served for hookers in Kierran Moseley, Daniel Mortimer and Nathan Friend.

“On that basis, it’s unlikely we would have any interest.”

Farah did praise South Sydney but didn’t elaborate.

“South Sydney is a great club, great history,” he said.

“The premiers at the moment, a massive club with a great roster.

“I won’t rule anything out at the moment.

“But I think it’s disrespectful for me to be talking about other clubs at the moment while I am wearing the Wests Tigers colours.”


http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...et-his-price-tag/story-fnp0lyn3-1227500235764
 
I was going to add in smith then I realised its not 2009. Long past his best.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robbie Farah's best game wouldn't rank in Smith's top 50. There is no comparison. Farah is no longer in the top 5 hookers, he wouldn't rank in the top 10 based on this years performances.
 
It really disappoints me when the media have a direct impact on people's opinions. Anyone who thinks Cameron smith is in the top 10 players in the nrl has been influenced by the media and commentators who get paid to talk up the scum.
Good player yes, great defence of course. But not a world class player, only gets picked because it's all we know...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
It really disappoints me when the media have a direct impact on people's opinions. Anyone who thinks Cameron smith is in the top 10 players in the nrl has been influenced by the media and commentators who get paid to talk up the scum.
Good player yes, great defence of course. But not a world class player, only gets picked because it's all we know...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smith is half the player he was 2-3 seasons ago. Making 40 tackles per game, injury free for 13 years of FG apparently has worn on him - as it has, Farah.

He's still world class, that's not something you can lose imo, and he still holds a massive influence over his own team mates, even if his ability to outwardly influence a game has reduced

Smith in his prime, I hate to say it, is the best hooker I've ever seen. Be that as it may, he's nowhere near his best these days. Robbie Farah in his prime was nearly as good as Smith. His ability to continuously change a game at will was frequently displayed each week of his career for the past 13, years. To say that he's nowhere near Smith is pretty ignorant imo. I think Robbie proved that he is very, very close to Smith (but perhaps not quite as good) over the past 3 Origin series. He was the Blues best player in nearly every game, every year
 
The Knights future goes well beyond next Year or the Year after & the $ must be spent carefully to increase the chances of success in the future seasons.
Do you already have a qualified Mentor for the younger up & coming & potential No 9's at this Club. Yes.
Can they handle 1st grade next year? Yes.
Ok. Next question..
 
I just don't see it with Farah, I never have.
He's had one great Origin game in 2012 and 2 or 3 handy ones since. He overplays his hand massively at all levels, he's kick happy and more often than not stifles his teams attack. I can't fault him defensively he's great there.
I personally have never rated him very highly, it has nothing to do with the media or any other outlet. I would take Smith, Luke, Friend, Granville, Segeyaro or Ennis before him. Just my opinion.
 
Back
Top