Robbie Farah - Do we need him? Can we afford him? Do we want him?

Bit like JT this year you reckon? :lol:

When Ryan and Kenny agree on something you just know it is completely and utterly wrong.

That makes zero sense

But everyone knows to expect that from Cowboyman. All he contributes to the forum these days are bitter remarks towards big Kenny P (you need to get over me), and/or some completely bias remark about the Cowboys

This is a Knights forum. Nobody wants to hear about the Cowboys
 
It really disappoints me when the media have a direct impact on people's opinions. Anyone who thinks Cameron smith is in the top 10 players in the nrl has been influenced by the media and commentators who get paid to talk up the scum.
Good player yes, great defence of course. But not a world class player, only gets picked because it's all we know...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This a stitch up? I'd love to see his legs broken in 3 places but there is zero doubt he is a future immortal.
 
NO NO NO Had enough of players running rough shod over the coach and Farah does that a lot he thinks he is Hooker , captain , trainer , coach and CEO....He is also 32.... had enough of buying old players at the back end of they're careers he has had a lot of injuries the last 2 years and they will just get worse the older he gets .
We need a monster prop but if we buy Farah then we buy no one else . He is not worth $950,000 a year ask the Tigers , how well are they going with him there .
The other thing is if we buy him say good bye to Levi he has had a sniff and will sign somewhere else if Farah came here .
 
This a stitch up? I'd love to see his legs broken in 3 places but there is zero doubt he is a future immortal.


There is huge doubt over him becoming a future immortal... I've never bought into the hype, he's a great captain and leader but he's never won games and grand finals on his own. Every team he's been in he's had great players around him... The comps taken off him at melbourne he had inglis slater Folau cronk hoffman king turner Quinn croker White jsmith johnson blair chambers... All of those were representative level players.

In His origin and australian victories he's always had cronk thurston Lockyer winning the games.

He's the most miss presented player in the game, media talks like he's an absolute God. They are quick to forget the cap rorting, his totally disgusting attitude with the alex McKinnon ordeal.

Yeah he's been a good player but not in the same league as the immortals, nor the top 10 players in the game right now.


And back on topic no way to Robbie farah. Get Tolman matagi and we will be tough to best next year. I wish bedsy would stay on as coach though
 
Buderus has ruled out any interest in Farah, saying he has total confidence in Clydsdale, Randell and Levi.

As for Smith becoming an Immortal, they tend to induct one for every 10/15 year period of time, and I think Thurston will get the nod over Smith. If they break with tradition and put two in from this era then Smith would be the next in line for sure, though.
 
Buderus has ruled out any interest in Farah, saying he has total confidence in Clydsdale, Randell and Levi.

As for Smith becoming an Immortal, they tend to induct one for every 10/15 year period of time, and I think Thurston will get the nod over Smith. If they break with tradition and put two in from this era then Smith would be the next in line for sure, though.

Surely Lockyer would come in front of Smith / Thurston... The pair have been blessed with a great QLD team, but have led their teams to 1 legitimate GF victory between them.. Lockyer has been a big part of 4.

Not to mention Smith was self managed during the biggest salary cap rort on the modern game... although people tend to overlook that.
 
Surely Lockyer would come in front of Smith / Thurston... The pair have been blessed with a great QLD team, but have led their teams to 1 legitimate GF victory between them.. Lockyer has been a big part of 4.

Not to mention Smith was self managed during the biggest salary cap rort on the modern game... although people tend to overlook that.

Lockyer will be next I'd say, but I sorta put him in the pre-Thurston and Smith era. 1995-2011, there wasn't a huge amount of crossover in the grand scheme of their careers.
 
Buderus has ruled out any interest in Farah, saying he has total confidence in Clydsdale, Randell and Levi.
All three of our young hooker have nothing but upside in the next 5 years, but i'll be surprized and delighted if any of them are rep standard next season
We also have Jack Kelly, Jake McNamara and Tom Starling doing well in NYC, with Starling being a freakish talent who could be anything in the future. He has already been our best player in our national title winning under 16s, been the best player in the Mathews comp, been the best for NSW, won the Carlsen award and a heap of other awards at club and state level and is only 17.
 
I suppose it feels that way because Lockyer had already been in the top grade for 8 years by the time they came around

I think also I think of the players that were around in the 90s as a different generation, and that's when he started off.

Actually, maybe I split things up into the Knights being good period (1995-2002) and the Knights sucking period (2003-current) haha.
 
Bit like JT this year you reckon? :lol:

When Ryan and Kenny agree on something you just know it is completely and utterly wrong.

That's irrelevant? Lol
Every time you post something I roll my eyes because I know it's some Cowboys nonsense.
Thurston is having a great season, overrated yes, but none the less in his best form. I don't know what you want me to say, champ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
That's irrelevant? Lol
Every time you post something I roll my eyes because I know it's some Cowboys nonsense.
Thurston is having a great season, overrated yes, but none the less in his best form. I don't know what you want me to say, champ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anytime you post something I seriously have to sit back and consider whether it's a gee up, your'e delusional or just in general not a good evaluator of football talent. You actually listed the 5 best hookers in the comp as NATHAN FRIEND! Nathan Peats, Andrew McCullough, Isaac Luke and Robbie Farah. I'll give you Luke, Farah and maybe at a stretch McCullough but are you actually kidding with Nathan Friend and Peats. Don't get me wrong I think the guy plays with plenty of heart, is a good defender and is under rated but the guy is 34! That's two years older than the guy who is the Australian captain, who you think is past it? Nathan Friend couldn't even crack the starting spot for the Warriors for the majority of this year. As for Peats he's facing potential retirement because he can't stay on the field due to injury. How you have either of them in front of guys such as: Jake Friend, Jake Granville, Michael Ennis, Cameron Smith, Michael Lichaa, Mitch Rein, Matt Ballin, Josh Hodgson and James Segeyaro is beyond me (That's not my order of hookers, that's table order)

Cowboyman can get overly caught up in his own teams players sometimes, same as we all do with Newcastle, but seriously he's way ahead of you in terms of overall football knowledge if that's your honest opinion. Also don't think Kenny Powers is backing you up because he thinks your right Kenny would agree with a floating turd if it went against Cowboyman (and that's a fact).

Seriously I think all your posts should come with a warning under them: Caution this user thinks Nathan Friend is a top 5 hooker in the NRL as of 26/8/15. Please be cautious in taking him seriously!
 
Anytime you post something I seriously have to sit back and consider whether it's a gee up, your'e delusional or just in general not a good evaluator of football talent. You actually listed the 5 best hookers in the comp as NATHAN FRIEND! Nathan Peats, Andrew McCullough, Isaac Luke and Robbie Farah. I'll give you Luke, Farah and maybe at a stretch McCullough but are you actually kidding with Nathan Friend and Peats. Don't get me wrong I think the guy plays with plenty of heart, is a good defender and is under rated but the guy is 34! That's two years older than the guy who is the Australian captain, who you think is past it? Nathan Friend couldn't even crack the starting spot for the Warriors for the majority of this year. As for Peats he's facing potential retirement because he can't stay on the field due to injury. How you have either of them in front of guys such as: Jake Friend, Jake Granville, Michael Ennis, Cameron Smith, Michael Lichaa, Mitch Rein, Matt Ballin, Josh Hodgson and James Segeyaro is beyond me (That's not my order of hookers, that's table order)

Cowboyman can get overly caught up in his own teams players sometimes, same as we all do with Newcastle, but seriously he's way ahead of you in terms of overall football knowledge if that's your honest opinion. Also don't think Kenny Powers is backing you up because he thinks your right Kenny would agree with a floating turd if it went against Cowboyman (and that's a fact).

Seriously I think all your posts should come with a warning under them: Caution this user thinks Nathan Friend is a top 5 hooker in the NRL as of 26/8/15. Please be cautious in taking him seriously!

I'd say he means Jake Friend?
 
Jake friend you frigging retard. That whole post now makes you look like a flog because my top hookers were JAKE friend, McCullough, luke, Farah and peats.
My goodness, don't have a rant unless you know what's going on big fella.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Jake friend you frigging retard. That whole post now makes you look like a flog because my top hookers were JAKE friend, McCullough, luke, Farah and peats.
My goodness, don't have a rant unless you know what's going on big fella.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't call people on here retards please.

You should've used first names to avoid confusion, I thought the same thing when I first saw your post.
 
Jake friend you frigging retard. That whole post now makes you look like a flog because my top hookers were JAKE friend, McCullough, luke, Farah and peats.
My goodness, don't have a rant unless you know what's going on big fella.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok excuse my Jake Friend slip up but you still have Nathan Peats who has barely played a game this year over the Queensland and Australian captain, alright big fella!
 
Yet I'm the only with limited football knowledge. I say friend is a great hooker and people assume Nathan friend.
Ok sorry jimmy I'll use first names every time now?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top