Robbie Farah - Do we need him? Can we afford him? Do we want him?

We do need to get a coach signed so he can work out the pre season programme, although Sandercock and Sanctuary could probably do the early fitness stuff without a head coach if it comes to that.
 
That is massive news for the Tigers. Guess they've figured out he's the root of their bad culture.

I wouldn't be signing him if I was the Knights. I haven't watched him much this year but I know the Tigers fans think he's crap now & past it, on 900k & holding back Manaia Cherrington. So I'd take their word for it.
 
Last edited:
That is massive news for the Tigers. Guess they've figured out he's the root of their bad culture.

I wouldn't be signing him if I was the Knights. I haven't watched him much this year but I know the Tigers fan think he's crap now & past it, on 900k & holding back Manaia Cherrington. So I'd take their word for it.

How many players and coaches did they have to go through to work that out? At least they've finally put two and two together.

Farah would be a disaster at the Knights.
 
Farah would be a good buy for Salford now that they have the marquee player rule.
I can't see any other side wanting to pay for him, and he could pull those guys together and get them winning a few games.
 
He'd probably be asking $800k minimum. I don't think we should be spending that type of money on a hooker, albeit an Origin hooker. Especially when we have Levi waiting in the wings. But it just seems like he would be a great addition to the team.
 
Farah will want at least one more year in the NRL and one more origin series. I can see both sides of the debate re Farah being the basis of the culture problems and honestly I probably agree but I don't agree it would be that way at another club. What has poisoned the culture at the Tigers and it was a problem at the Cowboys too is bringing the players into the polticis of managing the club especially regarding the coaches future and once you bring players into the politics you can't get them out. Look at the turn around in the Cowboys since green has established his authority up there they are a completely different club, not involving the players in the sacking of stone despite them feeling slightly perturbed was the right call here. Players are paid to play football not politics.
 
How many players and coaches did they have to go through to work that out? At least they've finally put two and two together.

Farah would be a disaster at the Knights.

Ide hardly see how he would be a disaster hes still one of the best hookers in the game miles ahead of what we have plus he would be good for Danni Levi who hopefully will be our fulltime hooker in a couple years. He Has too much pull at the Tigers because hes been there his whole career and is captain which he wont have if we got him. It would really strengthen our spine.
 
Do we need him? No. Clydsdale and Levi will be able to handle the role perfectly fine for the next year or so before Levi takes it for himself and plays the full 80. No point trying to force a new piece to an already completed puzzle.

Can we afford him? Yeah, I believe we can but I would much rather we go after Tolman/other big minute forwards.

Do we want him? No. He's the reason the Tigers never went anywhere under Taylor and he was part of the reason their decent 2014 fell to pieces towards the end. I highly, highly doubt he's willing to come here to be just another player and have next to zero say in the direction of the side on the field.
 
Ide hardly see how he would be a disaster hes still one of the best hookers in the game miles ahead of what we have plus he would be good for Danni Levi who hopefully will be our fulltime hooker in a couple years. He Has too much pull at the Tigers because hes been there his whole career and is captain which he wont have if we got him. It would really strengthen our spine.

I probably wouldn't take him even for 700k, but I do tend to agree with this
 
If we could get him for under 500k with the tigers picking up the rest i'd say yes for 1 or 2 years.
But that isn't going to happen.
 
I forgot that he still has 2 years left on his contract with the Tigers. So whoever signs him would get him at a discount. The obvious club would be Souths as his brother works as a physio there, but I can see him having a stint in the ESL. Titans recently signed Nathan Friend for 2 years, Manly just signed Koroisau and Souths have been grooming McInnes for Luke's departure.

I would much rather sign one or two quality players for the same price as what we would be paying Farah.
 
Can a mod please close this thread for everyone's sake. There has been no link to the Knights whatsoever and nor will there be as we currently we have a logjam of good young hookers including (in my opinion) 2 of the brightest young hookers in the game in Clysdale and Levi. Farah is rot and with a contract like the one he would be after would put us behind in terms of salary cap for the next 2-3 years. It's not an option and nor should it be. Move the thread to General Rugby League where it belongs, not in Knights news.
 
Sorry for trying to have a discussion about the possibility that the Knights might be interested [MENTION=903]TheBatman[/MENTION].

It just seems obvious to me that we would be one of the few clubs who would be an option.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top