I’m sure Ponga is a decent human being but I think he is too soft to 1) Captain the side & 2) really reach his full potential. You only have to look at yesterday’s game to see that. Every time someone from the Warriors looked like being hurt, he was all over them like a mother hen, checking to see if they were all right. Sorry but you need a bit of mongrel in you to play this game & he doesn’t have it. Don’t get me wrong, if a opposition player was on the ground and it was obvious he was badly hurt, I would do whatever it took to assist them, if needed, but when I played, as a front row forward & let me just say, never at this level, if I put a good hit on an opponent, I would feel pleased as I was doing my job.
I just feel Ponga needs to get tougher. No one ever goes out in a game to intentionally hurt another player but you need to let them know you are on the field & the next time they ran at you, they would get more of the same. I just feel he cares too much to be a leader or reach his full potential. Again, I’m sure he’s a decent human being, just not tough enough to play this, let’s face it, brutal game.