NRL Round 16 - Dolphins Vs Knights - 5:30pm Saturday 21 June - HBF Park, Perth

The weather forecast for Perth today is for heavy rain including thundershowers.

Not good conditions for this game.
 
Taken just now on my front doorstep. The stadium is about a 20min drive in that direction.
It's a wet day indeed over here.
20250621_114908.jpg


The Knights have been staying at the hotel on Scarborough Beach, and any beach walks they may have undertaken since they arrived on Thursday would not have been pleasant!

Heavy rain for days. 11° currently. Supposedly the rain is easing off as the afternoon goes, so I'm hoping that eventuates. It's got 3½hrs to clear up!!
 
Why should we feel optimistic for the Knights going into this game? Against a read hot Dolphins that have scored over 100 points in their last two games?
Coz we’ve got a lot of players back and are nearing full strength. Have been going pretty good with a lot of players out, too, so a good platform to build on.

Weather will help us too, it doesn’t look conducive to a points-fest.

Dolphins have great attack for sure, but we’ve had quality defence. They’re due a not as great performance, and historically we’ve got the wood on them.

So lots of reason for optimism, I think!
 
We did beat the Dolphins 26-12 at home in Round 2. The Fins will not have the home ground advantage today. I don’t think anyone expected us to beat Manly 2 weeks ago. It would be an upset if we win today, but it’s possible.
 
Coz we’ve got a lot of players back and are nearing full strength. Have been going pretty good with a lot of players out, too, so a good platform to build on.

Weather will help us too, it doesn’t look conducive to a points-fest.

Dolphins have great attack for sure, but we’ve had quality defence. They’re due a not as great performance, and historically we’ve got the wood on them.

So lots of reason for optimism, I think!
I understand that we have players back, including big Dom, and get that the weather will slow it down I just can’t get past the fact that their halves are so far ahead of ours it’s insane, I feel like Katoa is really going to show his kicking game.

I think he will push us back and we will screw up and he will rinse and repeat, when we went against them the first time they were not this version so I can’t really put to much stock in that win either.

Schiller on the left is a weird shout to especially since I’ve always known him as a right sided player both as centre and winger. So I see that as a weakness he will have to be on his game to keep Jamayne.

Plus Dom would have to be on his game to keep Bostock at bay. And the whole team would have to watch the ones pulling the strings in the 7 and 6
 
Back
Top