Let's be honest its time for our team for 2021!

He'd be good for us because most of our players have learnt over time to be comfortable with losing.
Maloney hates to lose. He'd kick the ref in the balls if that's what he needed to do to win, and our guys need to learn a bit of that mongrel.
 
Not sure about Maloney. It’s a bit of a pipe dream anyway.
I can’t see us having the money to sign him and I’d rather give Crossland a go at 6 first than look elsewhere.
 
Just heard that James Maloney wants to play NRL for the rest of the year.
Perfect fit for us for this year, but he'd probably want a multi year deal, and that's not on.
He missed the most tackles and gave away the most penalties in the NRL last season. It frustrated me seeing the stupid penalties he gave away for Penrith last year, it would drive me crazy if he was doing it for the knights.
 
I just saw an article headline about the NRL is set to sign a record breaking pay deal with Fox and 9, I can’t read it anywhere, has anybody read it?

credit has to be given to these guys, they have timed it pretty much perfectly.
 
I just saw an article headline about the NRL is set to sign a record breaking pay deal with Fox and 9, I can’t read it anywhere, has anybody read it?

credit has to be given to these guys, they have timed it pretty much perfectly.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Both broadcasters are looking to reduce what they pay the NRL not pay more.
 
No thanks to Maloney. There's some good young halves floating around not getting a start... Burton at Panthers.... Clifford at cowboys... I think the roosters have got a good young one I forget his name...dearden at the broncos. It rather jag one of these guys and they can take over from Pearce when he retires. Not sure crossland is the answer.

Would love Scott Drinkwater at 5/8.
 
Last edited:
I’ll believe it when I see it. Both broadcasters are looking to reduce what they pay the NRL not pay more.
Both are saying they want to pay nothing, but the only 2 things working on TV now are live sports and reality TV.
Foxtel would fold in 6 months if they didn't have NRL. Streaming services have everything foxtel has for a fraction of the cost, except live sport. No one would pay for it without live sport.
Free to air TV is in the same boat. If 9 don't want to pay big money, someone else will, because free to air channels are in a fight to the death.
 
Ten would leap at the opportunity to be the free to air supplier of NRL.

Foxtel and Kayo have suffered huge numbers of cancellations and Foxtel has dropped prices to try and keep an audience. Course they will tender big.
 
Back
Top