I don't like the bloke as a player but he could easily become a Konrad Hurrell under the right coach, this might be a weird thing to bring up - and anyone that knows me will know I'm far from a McManus fan, but if you go back through all the games a Polynesian has played on the wing outside Joey compared to McManus and maybe even mantellato that winger would of seen ten times the amount of ball in a single game than James would see.
Now I realise James is more of a conservative winger when you compare him to people like Kevin Naiqama and the Mata'utia's, I think Uate even played on his wing at some stage last year.
But I think a lot of this comes down to that professionalism. I don't think he gets along with Gidley and the older blokes due to that professionalism. And it shows with that kind of stuff on the field.
Also, funny how in the off season he went from being touted as 12 months off being a top 3 centre in the world to, see us later I don't want you. I've heard from people that yes, he is in fact a total you know what. But, our club needs class. And he can provide that. We put up with errors from forwards in our own half. Joey makes a mistake 20 metres out from trying to score and he gets the 'off with his head treatment'.
And he won't get released before June 30th. We play the Raiders that next week. Can you imagine how primed he would be?