KADE Snowden is not the only giant on Nathan Tinkler's shopping list. Last week, Jamal Idris was offered $1 million to join the Knights.
The Bulldogs are in danger of losing their most marketable player, with Tinkler setting his sights on the 20-year-old wrecking ball.
Idris told The Sunday Telegraph he was considering leaving the Dogs after being offered a three-year deal understood to be worth over $350,000 a season.
"It is something I definitely have to think about," Idris said. "Obviously you have to think about an offer that big. It is a lot of money and I guess you have to take it while it is on offer.
"No one from the Bulldogs has talked to me at all. I don't know what they're thinking. I don't know what's going on."
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg conceded he may not be able to compete with Tinkler's cash.
"I understand the Knights have made him a considerable offer and I also know a couple of other clubs are after him," Greenberg said.
"I've heard it's a big offer. We'll do everything we can to keep Jamal because he's a big part of the future of this club. My understanding is that he's happy here but you can't take anything for granted, especially after what happened with Kade Snowden last week.
"It's not easy with the salary cap and we have to do our best.
"We still think we can make Jamal a really good offer, but we won't get into a bidding war. Ultimately we want Jamal to stay at the Bulldogs for the right reasons, but there will still be a significant offer there."
Idris began his career with the Knights and a move back to Newcastle would put him much closer to his family home in Forster.
"It is near home and still not that far from Sydney," Idris said.
"It's an in-between point and a good place."
Idris, who stormed into the NSW Origin team last year, said he would like to remain at the Bulldogs.
He remains hopeful that the club will be able to come up with an offer attractive enough to keep him at Belmore.
"I don't know anything other than [playing for] the Bulldogs," Idris said.
"I played Harold Matthews and that with the Knights, but it was too far to travel to go to training so I moved down to play with the Bulldogs.
"I hope they will match what is on offer [from the Knights], but you never really know. I'll leave that sort of stuff up to my manager."
Greenberg said he had been in talks with Idris's manager Sam Ayoub and would meet the powerful agent this week to discuss the centre's future at the club.
It appears Greenberg will also be fighting Tinkler on another front, with the prospective Knights owner said to be interested in talking with off-contract Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis, who is also a Knights junior.
"They are both great players and we know that they will be sought after," Greenberg said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ewcastle-knights/story-e6frexnr-1226008679221