Forum suggestions for 2009

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Site Announcements' started by pommieknight, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    This is a pretty random thing but we can have a "Thats Gold" for MS next year

2. Theknightsrule7

Theknightsrule7 Matthew Gidley

Looking for work
    I would like to see all the pictures over the years to be able to commeted by members. As an example im in the fan photos of round 6 vs roosters & I could comment on that picture.

3. beez

beez Dairi Kovae

Nice - I like that idea.

4. Vallabinho

Vallabinho Beat Uate in 100m

That's a great idea, but isn't that the same as a 'Funny Pics & Vids' thread?

5. knight-no-7

knight-no-7 Moderator

Thats part of the main site though. You mean like comment on Pics that are on the main site?

Gotta leave that up to James, and if its possible.

6. Newcastle Forever

Newcastle Forever NEW-CAS-TLE

Baker
    Another suggestion, for the website, is to have the latest Knights news on the home page. Also could have "expert opinion" where a certain group of people can write about certain issues concerning the Knights.

7. Theknightsrule7

Theknightsrule7 Matthew Gidley

Looking for work
    Pay all members that stay loyal to the forum for at least a year about $10 a week. That means commenting each serious issue raised & creating at least 1 topic yourself.

8. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    wheres the money gunna be generated?

9. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    i think the alternate sports would still remain active, like the Soccer ones and that, dunno about during the season though, not many AFL fans :lol:, but in the offseason with most Northern hemisphere sports underway it would be good.

And as long as KRN7 is in the house the off-topics forum will be on fire with all the "party", "Your Ultimate . . . " threads and that :razz:

10. bigdan

bigdan Red, Blue & Gold 24/7/365

Teacher
    Where's James going to get the money? :lol::lol::lol:

11. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    haha yeh..thats a good idea.
    it may be too much to ask..but there could always be a new layout on the main site for the 22nd anniversary for the Knights...
    If you need help with HTML coding or whatever i'll be glad to help

Maybe james could install a Coppermine Photogallery? its just a sugguestion. It's great the way hes updating it now...it might be faster for him to use this? its easier and organised (not saying that the one now isnt organised)

12. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I was thinking about a new look for next year, but it is just getting a chance to design it ... I will just need to alter the css file though, so maybe it won't take too long.

The 22nd anniversary of the Knights isn't much of a milestone, but next year will be the tenth anniversary of this site!

As for the gallery suggestion, good idea, I will look into something along these lines. No doubt it would make it easier to update, and you'd be able to search by player, etc.

13. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

I think color scheme looks okay now. We could just have alternate banners operating which will make the site look different with every visit up the top.

I was thinking possibly... having live commentary minute by minute for the Knights games refreshing after a minute. However if it's a delayed game we may have to rely on NZ Fans or anyone who gets the game live.

Which could be a hassle if you want to watch without distractions, but you would be providing insight for people without fox etc.

Another is the Shoutbox, down underneath forum activity and only for members, could work well.

14. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    A tenth anniversary would look good! yeh..if you need any help with designing id be happy to help.

As for the Gallery, the best option would be Coppermine but do look around for options as i know there are many out there which are pretty good.

A shoutbox is good for a forum like this. But since the forum is already used for discussions it may not be needed. We could have scheduled times where we go on and discuss the game like a day before or something like that..

Does the live scores work? i know LU have something like this as well~ im not too sure we need one of our own but it might work well..

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  15. Denno

Denno Matthew Johns

Yes. A shoutbox!

16. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Only thing is a Shoutbox could slow the site down, depending on how basic it is.

17. Newcastle Forever

Baker
    Tighten up the rules (make them heaps strict!), then make members get fined for infractions, warnings, suspensions, trolling etc. If you commit a small offence you pay a small fine and if you commit a big offence you pay a big one.

You'd make a load of cash James :lol:

18. jamesgould

Maybe I will just make this a user-pays site, everytime you want to make a post - $5!!!

19. Newcastle Forever

Baker
    If its in $NZ then I have no worries about that :lol:

20. jamesgould

The $NZ isn't like the yen, you know! It's pretty close to the $Aus, not like a million for $1 haha.