Ex-Knights Watch

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Lefty

Lefty Anthony Quinn

Retired
    He wanted to play fullback. The Knights tried to convince him to stay as a winger to no avail.

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Keith Beauchamp

Unfortunately there aren't a great number of permanent fullback positions up for grabs, seems like the safe bet is to settle for a wing spot in the short term at a club with a fullback towards the end of their career. For example at the Broncos as a successor to Darius.

Lefty likes this.
  3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

London Broncos have won their 3rd game in a row and have jumped out of the relegation zone for the first time since about round 3.
    Luke Yates has jumped back into the leading tackle maker for the comp and he has missed less tackles than everyone else in the top 10 tacklers.

Wobbles, ben, Tasgirl and 1 other person like this.
  4. Wobbles

Wobbles Keith Beauchamp

I'm glad Yates kicked on, a year of 1st grade, even if it's in the ESL, will do him well.

If he shows enough, reckon an NRL club will try and lure him back home? Looks like he's only on a 1 year deal.

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Looking at the comp atm its only a matter of time before we see teams with only 1 big unit and 7 work horse guys like Yates as the standard.
    I wish we never let him go, has all the heart to lift others around him to be better.... thats a clubman player.

Wobbles likes this.
  6. Wobbles

Wobbles Keith Beauchamp

The experience and confidence coming from consistent gametime will only help.

I reckon that's a pretty fair call, the more successful teams don't carry a pack of behemoths. Case in point the Raiders really improved after letting Boyd and Junior Paulo go this year.

7. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Bromwich and Big Nelson aren't exactly what you'd call small. Teams have them. Just more mobile then Paulo and Boyd. As well as tall they are heavy as well. Mobile longer minute fitter forwards will come into picture. Klem and the likes but he is a freak.

8. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yeah the big forwards were meant to be slowly weeded out with the interchanges going down to 8. What we've probably learned is that it won't rid the game of big forwards, but the ones that are playing will be fit, big motor, mobile freaks. These days, a lot of them fit that mould with professional training since youth.

9. Wobbles

Wobbles Keith Beauchamp

Yep, agree with both points. I probably should have phrased in that there is now a greater emphasis on mobility and endurance than just bulk.
    Guys who have both will always be in demand.

10. Billy

Yates is probably interested in a decent payday after years of doing all the hard work for just about average wages.
    If he gets an NRL offer it will be for minimum contract again, but I think he'll get some decent offers from ESL clubs and finally make enough to justify all the work he has put in.

88Knight4life, Tasgirl and Lefty like this.
  11. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Nick Meaney pushed to the wing for DWZ.
    It's a bit of a slap in the face.
    Meaney has been a bit of a shining light in a terrible team.

12. Billy

Good to see Cogs running freely and really having his old zip back.
    It's taken about 2 years for him to get over that pelvis reconstruction he had to have. At one stage he couldn't even kick and had lost his running game, so he was just there for his passing.

13. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Rod Shoesmith

Sam stone on the bench for titans

R_A likes this.
  14. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Pity Yates wasn't a hooker with that motor ..

15. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

Who would have thought Cogger would be more up to first grade standard then Lamb after all the hype Lamb got.

Lefty likes this.
  16. Billy

He isn't.
    Lamb is still a better player, but stuck behind 3 or 4 quality halves, while Cogger has little competition at the Dogs - only the Foran, who is almost always injured.

Edogmilly likes this.
  17. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Lamb is okay with baked spuds, peas and mint sauce otherwise forget him. Always thought Cogger the better prospect.

18. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Yet the Roosters still see him as no more the reserves back up as they went out and got Flanagan for next season to take over from Cronk.

19. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

I like Lamb but to be honest when he came on to play against us ( I know it was a big ask ) but he looked like a deer in the head lights . He could have taken that game by the scruff of the neck and said look at me im good but he didn't and it could cost him a place in the NRL .
    Maybe he will get another contract but I wouldn't hold my breath but super league and the man of steel are still there lol.

20. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Trent Estatheo

Brock Lamb has been released by the Roosters to join the London Broncos immediately. Can't help but think this hurts his chances of being Cronk's replacement.

Wobbles, packo, Lefty and 1 other person like this.