Ex-Knights Watch

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Mar 12, 2019.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He also has a small pack around him in Canberra so his uptempo play mite work well for them also.
    Hopefully he gets a run and goes well.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Starling and Sezer have both been withdrawn from the mounties team to play soon.
    My guess is they are both being considered for firstgrade and they don't want them to pick up an injury.

3. Tubby

Tubby Trent Hodkinson

Sezer played a bit of 9 for them last year i recall? I reckon they'll rotate him and Havili. Would be good to see Starling get a game though

4. Billy

and 1st placed mounties got smashed by 7th placed Bulldogs without Starling's defence. Mounties ran out to a 16 point lead and then let in 52 unanswered points.

5. Billy

reading a raiders forum and they are speculating that Sezer will replace Wighton who is probably playing origin and Starling will be upgraded to their final top 30 spot and be selected 14 in firstgrade.

6. Tubby

Tubby Trent Hodkinson

Ah yes forgot all about origin. That makes sense

7. Billy

Brent Naden is named for Penrith in the centres and Tom Starling on the bench for Canberra.

8. Billy

Tom Starling got more minutes for Canberra and I looked at their forum and they are pretty happy with the little guy.

Tasgirl likes this.
  9. Rysith

Rysith Con Mika

At the gym watching a retired Nathan Ross watching the footy. Wonder how he feels, must be hard to retire from that

10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Thought Cogger was ok until flattened and Meaney was very good in a well beaten side but Saints to good

Wobbles likes this.
  11. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Apparently Gagai wants out of Souths.
    According to 360.

Not sure where he would go, Cowboys maybe?

12. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

The game is a circus

Contracts mean nothing

13. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Had to laugh that they claimed it as 'breaking' even though it's been a rumour for months

14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Broncos

15. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

That would be interesting. Broncos centres and wingers are playing better club footy than Gags atm imo.

16. Billy

If Bennett can't get Gags delivering on his undoubted potential, the only bloke who might is Bellamy.
    If Melbourne picked him up with Souths paying half his wages, it wouldn't surprize me if he started playing like he does in SOO - or maybe it would surprize me, because I've been thinking he might come good for years.

17. Billy

Tom Starling has been picked for his 3rd game for Canberra, but ironically, his arch nemesis from the juniors, Jayden Brailey, has been dropped for the game. It's a pity for Tom because shoving it to Brailey was what he loved most in the juniors I think.

18. Wobbles

Wobbles Brett Kimmorley

Given he reportedly left Newcastle because he wanted to play with a team with a legitimate shot at a title, something must be seriously wrong for him at Souths.

It's a shame to not have him still on the books, playing behind our new pack with some outstanding playmakers would have been interesting. He was a great club man, never heard anything negative about him.

Is anyone game enough to suggest he might be considered for another run here (if the price is right) or are we happy enough with not only Ramien, Hunt and Moga, but also the guys coming through?

Last season I'd have said probably, but it'd have to be highly unlikely now (unless Moga broke down again and was forced into retirement).

19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Gags commands too much money these days. Initially I was in favour of signing him to a big deal at the time given the circumstances, wooden spoon team trying to rebuild & losing it's only high profile, attractive player etc. but it's worked out well for us. Hunt is giving us fantastic value for money at the moment, it's smarter for the cap to keep him than sign Gags for SOO type money when he's not even gonna be that big of an upgrade.

Wobbles likes this.
  20. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Gags an upgrade on hunt is laughable. 700k vs 150k hmmmm. Hunt all day for me.

Battler, Lefty, Wobbles and 2 others like this.