Elimination Final - Knights V Raiders - Sunday 10 September 4:05pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

Match result


  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I've seen him speak in interviews. Happy to have him here, and seems like a nice bloke - but don't think he's playing 5D chess
Totally, I think he was probably being a bit more honest than AOB in the press conference last night.
 
No way we’re resting our star player for an elimination final while in career best form if he’s good to go. If he’s anything less than 90% sure. But if he’s good, he’s good. And the run against a weakened Raiders team to test the shoulder and gain confidence would be very beneficial for the Warriors game if/when we get there.

That mug Sticky will do his best to fire his troops up. I know they’re crap, but we cannot go in there thinking that. Actually thought they were good vs Donkeys last week.
 
No way we’re resting our star player for an elimination final while in career best form if he’s good to go. If he’s anything less than 90% sure. But if he’s good, he’s good. And the run against a weakened Raiders team to test the shoulder and gain confidence would be very beneficial for the Warriors game if/when we get there.

That mug Sticky will do his best to fire his troops up. I know they’re crap, but we cannot go in there thinking that. Actually thought they were good vs Donkeys last week.
I dont know about his injury, but the graphic I watched I'd doubt 90% would be possible.

I wonder if an additional week to recover makes any difference with this type of injury or if it's pointless.
 
i would have miller on bench to rest ponga halfway after the game is sealed
Or put ponga on bench and swap ponga for miller if we are behind
 
I dont know about his injury, but the graphic I watched I'd doubt 90% would be possible.

I wonder if an additional week to recover makes any difference with this type of injury or if it's pointless.
All about cortisone and pain management. So either good to go or not. Only risk would be making it worse which is why it will likely get examined and tested in training and the run out vs Canberra could get the confidence up for down the track.

Just seen we’re red hot $1.23 for this game! 😳
 
I've seen him speak in interviews. Happy to have him here, and seems like a nice bloke - but don't think he's playing 5D chess
He might not be a genius, but I doubt he's stupid enough to be tipping off the opposition when the coach really tries to keep injury news in house - not that he really fools anyone.
If Elliott is saying Ponga is in doubt, I think it's more likely Ponga is in and he wants Canberra spending time thinking about how they can exploit Miller.
 
He might not be a genius, but I doubt he's stupid enough to be tipping off the opposition when the coach really tries to keep injury news in house - not that he really fools anyone.
If Elliott is saying Ponga is in doubt, I think it's more likely Ponga is in and he wants Canberra spending time thinking about how they can exploit Miller.
Yeah, the request to go on the show would have come through the club and then the club would give them the answer they want to that kind of question.
 
If Ponga plays then Mann will be 14 if fit, cover 1 & 9
If no Ponga see no reason why Gags wouldn’t be 1 with Tuala in Gags centre spot, don’t like/want Miller.
Goal kicking a problem again/still
 
1000003927.jpg

Not long now
 
I do t think we can risk not playing Ponga. It is Elimination, been Elimination for past 9 weeks. I don’t trust/rate Miller at all. 90% Ponga will still provide team with superb strike, even if he takes it easy.

Biggest worry is Raiders Bombing to Ponga and lining him up for big hits or making him jump and land on shoulder. But it’s a risk he has to take. But teams will be doing that all finals series. He just needs to grit and bear with some help from team mates to block paths, legally of cause.

get a decent lead you’d maybe take him off, but I really don’t think you want to show that weakness either.
 
If Ponga isn't 100% and goes down early, or even if we get a big lead and want to rest him for the second 40, it might not be that bad of an idea.

Definately will be the plan, but imagine if we don't play him thinking we can make it through and we got beat, he could have played this weekend if it was do or die.
 
Back
Top