Elimination Final - Knights V Raiders - Sunday 10 September 4:05pm - McDonald Jones Stadium

Match result


  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Have to agree.
AOB made some comments post game about next man up and I genuinely believe him. This team seems to have bought into “the plan” and if ever we have a chance at next man up, it’s with a “plan”.
If you rely on individuals too much, you can come undone with injuries.

Clubs like Penrith are strong because they all train very similarly. The same shapes, the same plays, the “next many up” can execute most of the systems to a standard.


I’m a little worried about a half done Hastings and a fragile Ponga.
We only hear what the media puts out, so hopefully both are feeling good and ready and all these “concerns” are a bit of smoke and mirrors.
 
when is the next stage of the redevolopment going to start there when the last major upgrade happen last time it was only a stage of the full redevelopment of the ground its gone quite
 
Last edited:
Have to agree.
AOB made some comments post game about next man up and I genuinely believe him. This team seems to have bought into “the plan” and if ever we have a chance at next man up, it’s with a “plan”.
If you rely on individuals too much, you can come undone with injuries.

Clubs like Penrith are strong because they all train very similarly. The same shapes, the same plays, the “next many up” can execute most of the systems to a standard.


I’m a little worried about a half done Hastings and a fragile Ponga.
We only hear what the media puts out, so hopefully both are feeling good and ready and all these “concerns” are a bit of smoke and mirrors.
Next man up, Tuala right centre > Miller fb. Play Gags at fb.
 
I dunno if it’s changed since I was last there, but it would still be good if they just tidied those ends up a bit. But I don’t think they need to turn them into stands and make the whole thing a Suncorp Stadium clone.
 
Think a few are underestimating how much Ponga will want to play. AOB said this off-season the number 1 goal was to play a home final, it means so much to him and his got us this home final. He’ll be out there on Sunday.
 
I do t think we can risk not playing Ponga. It is Elimination, been Elimination for past 9 weeks. I don’t trust/rate Miller at all. 90% Ponga will still provide team with superb strike, even if he takes it easy.

Biggest worry is Raiders Bombing to Ponga and lining him up for big hits or making him jump and land on shoulder. But it’s a risk he has to take. But teams will be doing that all finals series. He just needs to grit and bear with some help from team mates to block paths, legally of cause.

get a decent lead you’d maybe take him off, but I really don’t think you want to show that weakness either.
Yes Raiders kicking game had Cronulla fullback worried early on . I think Rapana will have a target on Ponga
 
Back
Top