Darius Boyd

He runs the ball back nearly every single time, and when he passes it he usually runs straight to dummy half and takes a quick scoot that picks up big metres. All fullbacks do this. Every set he runs it and makes good metres. That's one part of his game that I can't fault this season.
 
He runs the ball back nearly every single time, and when he passes it he usually runs straight to dummy half and takes a quick scoot that picks up big metres. All fullbacks do this. Every set he runs it and makes good metres. That's one part of his game that I can't fault this season.

That first bit is totally wrong, he hardly ever runs it back. When he does he doesn't look too bad but 80% of the time it's give Uate a run. However if i had a powerful runner like Uate next to me i'd be passing it to him every time as well.
 
Maybe I just haven't been noticing him passing it on every return for some reason. Still he takes scoots probably every set which are always effective.
 
Maybe he does what the coach wants, let uate take it back as he's stronger and gets fast play the ball the Boyd takes advantage with the scoot, can't believe ppl still complain about Boyd
 
I always find it amusing when the part of the crowd without football knowledge boos when Boyd passes the ball on kick returns. "Oh no! Don't pass the ball to our 500k a year winger. Anyone but Uate!" You're actually supposed to pass the ball in league. It's called distribution fools.
 
I always find it amusing when the part of the crowd without football knowledge boos when Boyd passes the ball on kick returns. "Oh no! Don't pass the ball to our 500k a year winger. Anyone but Uate!" You're actually supposed to pass the ball in league. It's called distribution fools.

I dont get what this has to do with anything?
 
I just found it hard to believe that you couldn't find a connection between my comments regarding Boyd on kick returns, and the preceding posts also about Boyd on kick returns. So it had everything to do with everything.
 
Just watched that. Every interview he has with the Knights he's spoken well and seems happy, he obviously just hates the bigger media for dragging his name through the dirt so many times.
 
Just watched that. Every interview he has with the Knights he's spoken well and seems happy, he obviously just hates the bigger media for dragging his name through the dirt so many times.

To be fair he does it to himself of course they are then going to eat him alive.
 
is it just me or does boyd only play 3 good games a year

Short memory. Started the year on fire but lately it seems he's been disinterested or not at 100%, that can be put down to thinking about Origin & recovering from that injury a few weeks ago. It's not uncommon, alot of the other Origin stars' club form has been down too.
 
Last edited:
Good interview from him on the website, hopefully now that Origin's over we can get his focus entirely on getting us into the finals with a big game this Sunday. I know i'll be in the crowd & hopefully maybe even meet him again aha on ya Darbs.
 
I think has had a lot of personal issues goin on in his life, wife etc. whilst footy probably means everything to us fans these guys have a life outside if football. Dosnt help that the club supporters bag him as well when he has probably only had 1 mayb 2 off games all year. And at least he is on the paddock week in week out not like captain cripple
 
I think a lot of supporters have that feeling towards him because of the way he carries on at press conferences and the like. He comes over as a cretin. Wouldn't be hard to trot out a few sentences for the media and fans.

He should be thankful he doesn't play a sport like the NBA or something, where the media access to players is much greater, and they actually have to answer questions with a bit of thought.
 
Basically all sports in USA have a lot of media access to the players. They get media training etc and it is that important that it can be a determining factor on where they get drafted.

Would be a great look if all our players come across as very articulate as the USA sportsmen.
 
I think a lot of supporters have that feeling towards him because of the way he carries on at press conferences and the like. He comes over as a cretin. Wouldn't be hard to trot out a few sentences for the media and fans.

He should be thankful he doesn't play a sport like the NBA or something, where the media access to players is much greater, and they actually have to answer questions with a bit of thought.

Media commitment I agree that he is very poor, but a lot of criticism on this site is about his playing ability. I just think its unwarranted. You don't have to like the guy to appreciate what he brings to the side. I just think he gets judged poorly in playing ability by some cause they don't like his personality.
 
Last edited:
Media commitment I agree that he is very poor, but a lot of criticism on this site is about his playing ability. I just think its unwarranted. You don't have to like the guy to appreciate what he brings to the side. I just think he gets judged poorly in playing ability by some cause they don't like his personality.

Yeah, that was my point.

Fans will always think like that though, you have to engage them positively to get them backing the team, or specific players.

Paul Harragon is a great example, could have become mayor of Newcastle, he was such a great guy with supporters.

Boyd comes across in interviews as thinking he's better than anyone else and they're not worthy of his time. It doesn't surprise me fans read the same thing into his slow play the balls, for example. That's the image he portrays to us.
 
Back
Top