Brock Lamb set to leave the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Joshhh, Jun 9, 2018.

1. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

1000% if Cronk decides to retire after next year Uncle Nick will be on the market for a top shelf half. Lamb will probably look good filling in if he gets the chance but that's an uphill battle.

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

I recall conversations around how long Cronk will play on when he first signed. If the Rooters win the comp this season there's a real possibility he'll pull the pin after this season.

3. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

As long as we tell the Roosters they can't have Pearce back

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

Oh hell no.

I'd be happy if they'd release Keary to us now they've signed Lamb haha

5. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Newcastle Knights pair Brock Lamb and Pat Mata’utai could be set for moves to Super League, after both players were given official farewells at the club’s presentation night.

Despite making over 40 appearances between them in the past two years, neither player has been able to nail down a regular spot in the Knights’ side and have been deemed as surplus to requirements ahead of next season.

Halfback Lamb was rumoured with Huddersfield earlier this year, however the Giants insisted they weren’t interested in him. The 21-year-old has reportedly received offers from other Super League clubs, though, with Wakefield and Hull FC believed to be among them.

Samoan international Mata’utai, on the other hand, could be set for a reunion with brother Peter at Castleford.

[​IMG]
    Newcastle Knights centre Pat Mata’utai.
    The Tigers have already confirmed that Jake Webster will leave the club at the end of the season, while Jy Hitchcox is also out of contract, so Daryl Powell will be keen to bolster his options in the outside backs....
    Read this on an offshoot the post about Vave and its dated sept 5th ..

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If they are interested in Pat as a centre, it's about 2 years since he's played there.

7. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I thought pat was doing quite well in reggies to be fair.

8. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

He only played 1st grade at centre though didn't he and as they say there isn't much between 2nd row and centre any more .

9. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

So Lamb to Roosters not a done deal then ?

10. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Scott Seamer

Yeah - I thought it was already on the table and the offer taken?

Jaybro likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I read something only yesterday that said he had signed with the chooky's .

12. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Scott Seamer

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/07/time-to-get-out-of-my-comfort-zone-brock-lamb/

Interesting article on Brock and his start at the Roosters - I do wish him luck and hope he can find some of the promise he showed in glimpses at the Knights under tough circumstances.

Just reading it, he seems to have matured quite a bit even in this short time...he also doesn't rule out a return to the knights sometime in the future.

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    The problem was Nutty he was in too much of a comfort zone and believed he was a leading NRL half back and worth big bickies. I would rather think he has had a reality check!

14. knightime

knightime Matthew Rodwell

Good on him. He says that he needed to get out of his comfort zone and improve his inconsistencies, rather than whinging about external factors resulting in him not getting a starting spot. I have a lot of respect for that attitude. In any case, Cronk will retire before Pearce so he's been picked up by a strong club with a better pathway to a starting spot right at the moment. I hope he does well, just not against us ;)

15. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Good luck to him. Spoke pretty maturely about the move/the club. Wish him well for the future.

Wobbles and knightime like this.
  16. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

haha, the chooks didn't buy lamb to take over from cronk. once cronk retires they'll go out and buy another million dollar half that can win them a premiership.

Lefty likes this.
  17. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

I think getting some solid confidence about his game will do wonders.

He has the skills no doubt, just very difficult to come in to grade in the team he did.

18. knightime

knightime Matthew Rodwell

Probably, although just thinking about where the opportunity seems to be for him currently. At the Knights, Lamb will be stuck behind Pearce for at least 3 more years, and then possibly 2 after that. Currently, Cronk has this year to run and then may retire. Better chance of Lamb competing for a gig there than here. Roosters will no doubt add to their squad once Cronk retires, but whether it's a marquee half is a maybe. At the Knights, he'd be a backup for a number of years to run.

19. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

No difference, he'd be a backup at the knights and he'll be a backup at the chooks.

The only way he's getting a game at either joint is if the main man gets injured, suspended or is on rep duties

20. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Trent Robinson knows exactly what he is doing with Lamb.
    Robbo loves an organising half and there might be 4 or 5 young organising halves in the game.
    Scott Dureau says he talks footy with Robbo once a week or so, and the subject might have come up.
    I don't know what Robbo's plan is, but I do know he didn't accidently buy a young organising half because he got confused when his shopping list said Lamb.

Wobbles likes this.