Brock Lamb set to leave the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Joshhh, Jun 9, 2018.

1. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Already looking at young Flanagan to bring in and take over from Cronk. No way will they settle on Lamb.

slotmachine likes this.
  2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Strong delusion in here.

Roosters halves of the future don't get given min wage deals to play for North Sydney.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

the roosters don't hand out top 30 contracts to anyone who shows up at training. You need to go to the Knights for that.

4. slotmachine

Lamb not good enough to get a first grade gig anywhere but will be replacing best half in the comp. Got it.

Lino is about as likely to get the nod over Pearce.

Mitch Cornish was their backup last year.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  5. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Darren Albert

So what would be better keeping in mind we want to win, is Lino a better option than Lamb or do we have an alternative plan, Pearce gets injured long term 5+ weeks what happens, who plays 7, who is captain. If Watson is hurt long term 5+ weeks who plays full back, Meaney is gone, do we manufacture a f/b. Our 1, 6 and 7 look vulnerable if injury occurs and apparently Lino is out for a couple of weeks. Big strong pack but not so good 1-7, am worried, no injuries we might be ok, 1-2 injuries we are in trouble

6. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Mann has played every backline position and I saw Lino play when Johnson was injured and you couldn't tell Johnson wasn't on the field in attack but Lino was a bit lax in Defence but he is young and could be better in D now .

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Righto!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Go back and find those games and have a look even the commentators said the same thing about Lino .

9. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Lino is a much better option than Lamb.

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Nah both are crap and crap, that's why neither club kicked up a fuss when they went elsewhere.

11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I doubt Lino is crap, a lot of Warriors & general NRL fans rated him & Brown signed him in the end, he & the recruitment team do their research. But I also don't think he should naturally be in the team either, so many people, even after our first up win are still banging the drum of Watson on the bench, Lino the halves, when realistically it probably would be worse doing that, but because they're stupid & Lino is a new player, they think it must be better.

12. Billy

He should be a reasonably effective replacement for Pearce if we need one as long as we can hide him in defence and the other playmaker aims up, but he's not going to win any MOTM awards..

Lamb had a very good game for Norths on the weekend. Him and Lam make a great partnership.

13. slotmachine

Also applies to young players I have found.

Hughburt6 likes this.
  14. Jaybro

Jaybro Jason Moodie

I think people here think NRL clubs just hand out contracts and top 30 spots to anybody, it's not Supercoach fellas clubs don't scroll to the bottom to find the cheapest option.

Every spot in the Top 30 and probably throughout the grades is given thorough thought with all available options looked at and discussed.

Remember there were a few options being thrown around when we signed Lino so Brown obviously likes him, same with Lamb I'm sure Robinson wanted him there he didn't just take him because he needed to fill a spot.

15. slotmachine

There's signing a player to be a backup and signing a player to be your long term first grade halfback. Two very different things.

member 2299 likes this.
  16. slotmachine

And lamb is now overlooked when Cronk gets injured. So much for taking over from him...

17. Billy

Case closed.
    He's had one game of reserve grade - Robbo has seen all he needs to see. Lamb should hang up the boots now.

18. Lord of the Skraelings

Billy scores a knockout on slots lol.

19. slotmachine

Robbo must have forgotten he hand picked lamb to take cronks spot if he's giving a kid with zero first grade games a crack.

Someone remind him