2022 Knights Recruitment & Retention Thread

I still think Drinkwater is more surplus to requirements at their current club than Brooks. Both maybe not feeling the love though. And Barry did say halfback.
 
I can't see it being Brooks with how strongly the club has come out against that rumour. Ash was given a top 30 spot, It's out of Flannigan or Drinks really.

Dogs seem to want to move Flannigan on even though Gould came out and poured the cold water but have heard very little from the club beyond that statement. Drinks would likely get a release from the cows as well if push came to shove.

Getting Flannigan here might line up his dad as coach down the track when OB is finished here. Do we want either of them though?
 
Not a fan of flannagan but he was a scape goat for the sh.it bulldogs team and 22yrs old that’s pretty fkd up by staff/management, brooks has similar story, but his finals record is a concern tho.
 
Knights fans will get their hopes up only to realise that we’ll end up signing someone like Matt Frawley, Sam Williams or Ben Hampton 🤣
We are looking for an experienced half, kind of rules out Flanagan, I dont think he is bad but it's not a real improvement on what we have already.

Would think it's more than likely Brooks, we lacked confidence last year and bringing Brooks to the club i am not sure will help things any, he has copped a flogging for years about the tigers performances and while a half is an important position in the side there is no one person causing the tigers problems.

We might need to roll the dice though, or risk losing Ponga who is maybe our best shot at a premiership in the foreseeable future.
 
With Taylor signing a full contract im hoping it’s CHT. But you’re right better not get my hopes up.
CHT makes the most sense in terms of who we'd actually be able to sign. But it's not who we need. I think Clifford is an out and out 7 but a little inexperienced. Because Brailey is not a playmaking or controlling 9 we need our 6 to take on that mature role of demanding the ball when it's required. I think brooks can fit that role the best (of who we have a chance of signing).
 
I'd hope the new halfback will be someone Johns thinks he can improve a lot. He actually said he could do that with Brooks and got a bit of flak about saying it when Brooks was not a free agent.
If it isn't Brooks, I'd hope it's someone Johns thinks is underperforming and can be turned around by him. That should be a value signing.
 
Last edited:
Knights fans will get their hopes up only to realise that we’ll end up signing someone like Matt Frawley, Sam Williams or Ben Hampton 🤣

100% this, I can see it being some really crap signing....

The best out of the bad bunch at the moment would be Brooks but I think us signing him is very doubtful.
 
The Brooks "signing" is going very similar to the Klemmer signing.
We heard about it - it was denied - we thought it was unlikely to the point we all forgot about it - it happened out of the blue.
 
100% this, I can see it being some really crap signing....

The best out of the bad bunch at the moment would be Brooks but I think us signing him is very doubtful.
Well we've already got one rookie halfback & one journeyman halfback fighting for the position. You would hope any new halfback signing will be above that level otherwise what's the point.
 
Well we've already got one rookie halfback & one journeyman halfback fighting for the position. You would hope any new halfback signing will be above that level otherwise what's the point.
Exactly. Which rules out Flanagan I reckon. The club has seemed quite deliberate in their moves to this point, I feel that whoever they are looking at they think will walk straight into the starting side.
 
Exactly. Which rules out Flanagan I reckon. The club has seemed quite deliberate in their moves to this point, I feel that whoever they are looking at they think will walk straight into the starting side.

Sounds like it’s Brooks to me, I can’t think of another experienced half who is available.
 
I'm thinking it's Brooks, drinkwater, Flanagan or CHT. Like Josh said, it makes no sense to sign some one without big upside looking long term.

Preference would definitely be drinkwater. Already has experience with clifford, has all the play making attributes and is someone who I think will unlock our centres in attack behind a big pack. Just will need to put up with dropped ball and flimsy defence every now and then...
 
Back
Top