2015 Newcastle Knights player rumours and signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to 18 and 20 year olds who look to be every bit as good if not better, I think I'd rather stick with our future. There's just no place for him in the NRL side unless we get a few injuries.

Vuna would definitely have to bide his time in NSW Cup first, but I reckon he's got the ability to force his way into the 17.

It would be great to have him around the club in some role anyway.

McManus has played some ok footy at centre to
This year he has been very average at centre. Maybe with more time and a pre season or something, but I really think he just hasn't cut it at centre so far this year.

Gagai made 8 tackles on the weekend and missed 8. Fullbacks need to be able to tackle, I would not like to move Gagai there until his defence improves.

Last edited:
Could Vuna play prop ? Lol

I'm with most if the guys here I'd love to have him back but can't see where he would fit in, it's a shame he left otherwise I doubt Jimmy would have piped him for that wing spot and Cooper could have had a great career here ....

Gagai can tackle and it's poor coaching that he repeatedly looks like a turnstile in defence. The coach simply needs to tell him to use his shoulders and not his hands and change the point of contact. I assume he hasn't had his defence addressed by the coach because if he has and what he dishes up is tolerated then there's another piece from the Bennett master class. Gagai is playing like someone who's had no coaching. There's a few simple things that could make him the player we all hope for but Bennett's misoneism is evident.

Dane is not going to stay anyways, so id be happy for him to leave, he just cant defend at all.

Vuna i remember telling him when he left that he has to come back he is one of the best knights players i have ever seen put ont he jersey, he shows so much passion for the club and to the fans. I would bring him back asap, he always got your kick returns off to a great start!

Where is reported that Gagai's leaving ? Surely he won't follow Bennett I mean he hasn't improved an inch since he first got here under the master coach.

Bring Vuna back!

McManus isn't a centre and hasn't played his best in a struggling team, Gagai can't defend and has been poor all year besides his metres gained. Vuna was my favourite player before he left. He'd been in NSW Cup to start off with but he'd easily push back into the squad if players aren't performing.

It'd be a dreamback line of:

1. Sione Mata'utia
2. Cooper Vuna
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Akuila Uate

or

1. Jake Mamo
2. Cooper Vuna
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Joey Leilua
5. Akuila Uate

or

1. Dane Gagai
2. James McManus
3. Cooper Vuna
4. Joey Leilua
5. Akuila Uate

He is still only 27 and has about 5 or so years give or take left in him. He's a passionate clubman and loves the fans. Sione and Jake could spend a bit of time in NSW Cup to gain some confidence and experience against big guys and bring that to the NRL.

In saying that though I don't think Vuna will come back straight away if at all. But it'd be fricken great!

As many have written we can have the horniest looking backline in the comp but until our pop gun forward back is bolstered we're going nowhere.

Hey guys its been awhile since I have been on here. We have had a bloody tough season on and off field, but next year we can feel a little optimistic, star signing of Tariq Sims, hopefully a few more 2-3 forwards, a new coaching direction, Akuila Uate can run free lol and for the record I would love cooper vuna back, you know he will play for the club and town not just in it for the money. Anyway heads-up guys keep supporting the boys.

How good would it be to have this back:

[video=youtube;PKfYjxl7K0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfYjxl7K0Y[/video]

Anyone seen much of Tuamavave doesn't he play in the centres? Could he even get a go in this team or purely be a NSW Cup signing

Anyone seen much of Tuamavave doesn't he play in the centres? Could he even get a go in this team or purely be a NSW Cup signing
He was a very good 5/8 as a junior. He was in the NYC team of the year as 5/8 two years in a row and MOTM in a grandfinal as a 5/8.

I would be in favour of Vuna returning with Boyds exit we have a spare position in the backs and Mamo and Sione are still young and are probably 12 months away from being ready for the week to week grind of the nrl. I would love for the knights to approach the Titans and enquire about Luke Douglas's contract situation with the drama at that club over the salary cap.

Are you guys insane, guys a wallaby, so your looking at $400k minimum.

At this stage we have.

1. Boyd/Sione.
2. Uate/Chanel.
3. Dane/Pat.
4. BJL.
5. McManus/Mamo.

Were on earth are we supposedly fitting him?

Lets put that $400k towards a gun prop that we hopelessly need.

Are you guys insane, guys a wallaby, so your looking at $400k minimum.

At this stage we have.

1. Boyd/Sione.
2. Uate/Chanel.
3. Dane/Pat.
4. BJL.
5. McManus/Mamo.

Were on earth are we supposedly fitting him?

Lets put that $400k towards a gun prop that we hopelessly need.
Yeah, a 3rd or 4th choice Wallaby. He has guys like Digbe Ioane, James O'Connor in front of him and they're still behind Folau. Vuna probably wouldn't be asking for that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back