2015 Newcastle Knights player rumours and signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this talk of Joseph Paulo coming here? Most eels fans are happy to get rid of him, A sign of our future signing capabilities?

The only thing bringing Hannant to Newy was Bennett and now Bennett has joined Hannant at Brisy I can't see him leaving .....

The only thing bringing Hannant to Newy was Bennett and now Bennett has joined Hannant at Brisy I can't see him leaving .....

If he can't get a contact at Brisbane or Gold Coast, he won't really have a choice if he wants to continue his career. But like you said, Bennett is still keen on the Polar Bear I think so I think it's highly unlikely he will turn up here.

If he can't get a contact at Brisbane or Gold Coast, he won't really have a choice if he wants to continue his career. But like you said, Bennett is still keen on the Polar Bear I think so I think it's highly unlikely he will turn up here.

My point exactly .....

I loved Scotty! He was my favorite player growing up!
[MENTION=243]Billy[/MENTION] might be able to confirm this, but, I heard his brother (Luke) was better when they were coming through juniors and then lower grades?

- - - Updated - - -

What's this talk of Joseph Paulo coming here? Most eels fans are happy to get rid of him, A sign of our future signing capabilities?

I think his wife is a Newie girl and she's keen to come home. May be that he's approached the Knights. If that's the case he may be coming cheap.

I think his wife is a Newie girl and she's keen to come home. May be that he's approached the Knights. If that's the case he may be coming cheap.

Can't see him getting a lot of first grade unless there's substantial injuries, even then I'd prefer Houston.

@Billy might be able to confirm this, but, I heard his brother (Luke) was better when they were coming through juniors and then lower grades?
Chris Tyrie and Luke Dureau were the best halves combination I've seen in under 20s, but both were too small for seniors.
Tyrie was doing the banana kick in under 20s a month before Johns did it in firstgrade, and I still think he's the best i've seen at it.
Luke Dureau scored a lot of tries running off Tyrie.

They actually had two cousins who came from the upper Hunter but both went to play for Saint George in the juniors and were great little halves as well. Last time I saw them in a team list they were playing for Illawarra against Newcastle in the country championships.

Article about Blake and Nathan Dureau.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/291454/cup-day-dureau-brothers-final-farewell/

Last edited:
Dureau Crew Unite! :lol: Where were you guys when I was fighting the good fight on here in Scotty times hahaha

Chris Tyrie and Luke Dureau were the best halves combination I've seen in under 20s, but both were too small for seniors.
Tyrie was doing the banana kick in under 20s a month before Johns did it in firstgrade, and I still think he's the best i've seen at it.
Luke Dureau scored a lot of tries running off Tyrie.

They actually had two cousins who came from the upper Hunter but both went to play for Saint George in the juniors and were great little halves as well. Last time I saw them in a team list they were playing for Illawarra against Newcastle in the country championships.

Article about Blake and Nathan Dureau.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/291454/cup-day-dureau-brothers-final-farewell/

Scott and Luke were from Taree... Funny thing is, when they cut Luke Loose and told him he was too small, they also said he was in the same boat as Jonothan Thurston and Scotty prince and that none of them would make it in the NRL... Won't say who said that, but, he's names been thrown up as our new coach.. ;)

I've seen Scott's family at games, as well as Nathan and Blake, and Scott is a giant amongst Dureaus.
Luke played a few games of reserve grade and actually went off to be an apprentice golf pro.
Don't know how that worked out for him, but I do know Scott plays a good game of golf.

I've seen Scott's family at games, as well as Nathan and Blake, and Scott is a giant amongst Dureaus.
Luke played a few games of reserve grade and actually went off to be an apprentice golf pro.
Don't know how that worked out for him, but I do know Scott plays a good game of golf.

Yep, Luke is still a golf pro at a local golf course.

Dureau Crew Unite!
Where were you guys when I was fighting the good fight on here in Scotty times hahaha

LOL Dureau lost it for me one time were he literally stopped and watched someone run past him without even throughing out an arm, literally the guy(can't remember who or team) was ten metres away Scotty stopped and just watched him run past, and even run down the field whiles standing there like a pot plant was just.......... WTF!

LOL Dureau lost it for me one time were he literally stopped and watched someone run past him without even throughing out an arm, literally the guy(can't remember who or team) was ten metres away Scotty stopped and just watched him run past, and even run down the field whiles standing there like a pot plant was just.......... WTF!

Without proof, I deny that ever happened :lol:

For what it is worth Scotty suffered a fractured leg this week and will miss the rest of the SL season.
You are thinking of Luke Walsh.
Scot is on loan from Catalans to the Roosters and he is named to play his third game for Newtown this weekend. Newtown have had two upset wins since he joined them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back