2015 Newcastle Knights Jerseys

The "newpave" is printed in yellow on the heritage jersey. Could it be the numbers will be in yellow too?! :pray:

Well all the years we had this heritage jersey (2009, 2010, 2011) they had yellow numbers, so they probably will this time too.

Seeing the players in that jersey will really bring back the Newcastle feel again, no more of that Bennett QLD feel.

A lot of people from Indigenous backgrounds find celebration of the union jack (i.e. celebration of european invasion) offensive. Wouldn't want to unintentionally offend any fans...especially when we have some Indigenous players that would be wearing it.

I'd salute our Country's flag if it had a picture of Fat Cat on it.

I'd salute our Country's flag if it had a picture of Fat Cat on it.

A lot of people would (myself included) , but a lot of people (mainly some from Indigenous backgrounds) also have some negative/painful associations with seeing the Union Jack and don't like celebrating it. Including it in our jersey may potentially produce a bit of backlash so I'm pretty sure the club won't go there. It's not like they need to anyway. They already have the Southern Cross which is distinctly Aussie.

Last edited:
The heritage jersey is nice but personally I wouldn't want it as our main jersey. The one we have is fine and I'd like to see us keep it this design for a while.

The heritage jersey is nice but personally I wouldn't want it as our main jersey. The one we have is fine and I'd like to see us keep it this design for a while.

I don't think many people don't like the current jersey, it's one of the best we've ever had, it's just that the Henny Penny design is so beloved & if given the choice, most people would probably pick it. Unfortunately this will probably be the last year with the vertical stripes, after 2015 we will have worn it for 3 years, not including 2012 when it was a heritage jersey but we wore it anyway. The NRL usually makes clubs change their jersey after 3 years.

I will have to see it in the flesh but from that picture it doesn't look to me like the Henny Penny jersey all that much. Like I said it looks weird and I can't put my finger on why. Going by that photo I would take the vertical stripes any day.

I will have to see it in the flesh but from that picture it doesn't look to me like the Henny Penny jersey all that much. Like I said it looks weird and I can't put my finger on why. Going by that photo I would take the vertical stripes any day.

Could be the minor differences with a new manufacturer & sponsor, the 2009-2011 version had Coal & Allied which was high up on the jersey, in the stripes, whereas Newpave is completely under the stripes & also the blue part of the collar is more obvious than in the 2009-11 versions.

I don't think many people don't like the current jersey, it's one of the best we've ever had, it's just that the Henny Penny design is so beloved & if given the choice, most people would probably pick it. Unfortunately this will probably be the last year with the vertical stripes, after 2015 we will have worn it for 3 years, not including 2012 when it was a heritage jersey but we wore it anyway. The NRL usually makes clubs change their jersey after 3 years.

Pretty sure the NRL don't make clubs change their jerseys. Dragons, Roosters, etc have had the same designs for years and years. The club has the option to change their jersey after that 3 year period if they want but that doesn't mean they have to. Personally I hope we just keep the jersey we have. It'd be cool if we had a jersey that became identifiable with the Knights like what the Dragons have with theirs. I'm sick of our look changing all the time.

I'm also not sure this isn't the first year of a new jersey. If they count 2012 when we used the vertical stripes one most of the time that would mean we started a new jersey this year (hence the changes to the collar, etc).

Ahh well mate it is all about marketing and that old Latin proverb from 134BC ~ a buck is a buck is a buck.

As bad as the chooks with their seven or eight jumpers a year.

Or the Warriors with 12.. I don't even know what their colours are anymore.. They were all completely different.

Or the Warriors with 12.. I don't even know what their colours are anymore.. They were all completely different.

The only Jersey that will change next year is our away Jersey our home Jersey changed this year !

As for having the flag on it. I didn't hear any rumbles when the Warriors had that flag jersey a few years ago

I really wish they didn't have so many damned jerseys! It seems to be nothing more than a cash grab to me, but to be fair, we're not the only club to do it, and we were late to the party in that regard.

I only wish we got rid of those damned miners jerseys. Don't know about the Anzac jersey, need to see a clearer picture. Happy to see the heritage jersey return, even though I already have one from the C&A Kooga days. Probably will get the away jersey only.

Is it just me, or does everyone else hate our alternative strip. I loved the red/blue one they has couple years back. White it just awful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm ok with the mining jersey because we only wear it for one home game and one away game where we'd probably be wearing an away strip anyway, and it's making us money from NSW Mining. That said I won't be sad if it goes after this year, being the second year of it's two year deal.

Is it just me, or does everyone else hate our alternative strip. I loved the red/blue one they has couple years back. White it just awful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Theres been extensive talk on this previously and most people were against the all white business. :fist:

No not a fan of the white either, but I am not all that fussed on what they wear...as long as they win 8).

I don't mind the Jets jerseys with a hint of gold to them. What do we think about some sort of gold addition for an away strip? Not a heap of it, just a dabble.

No not a fan of the white either, but I am not all that fussed on what they wear...as long as they win 8).

I don't mind the Jets jerseys with a hint of gold to them. What do we think about some sort of gold addition for an away strip? Not a heap of it, just a dabble.

I'm not sure if I'd want it for the Knights but I really like how the Jets have had gold collars the last few seasons and also gold numbers. I could definitely get behind gold/Henny penny yellow numbers for the Knights.

Back